Moving Threads about Vendors to their sections....

[quote=“Gonad”"]

It’s his section. He can do whatever. If you want to argue about his product, which you have no first hand experience with, go do it on Nico.

[/quote]

If someone makes a complaint, and posts it in a forum, where you can then move it to the vendors forum where the vendor is allowed to delete it without justifying it. That’s a stupid idea. People make posts forewarning other members about parts that dont work.

You’re essentially giving the vendors a right to edit said warnings when it applies to them. If anything, this should go in the buyer feedback forum, and remain there.

And how are people supposed to view the warning thread if the vendor deleted this thread?

The vendor should have to defend themselves, not just hit the delete button. If they choose not to defend themselves that is their choice.

But Bob, if he were to delete it, then people would start talking about how Bing deletes threads voicing valid complaints from his customers, which would look far worse, imo, than the thread itself. I think it’s fine the way it is, it gives Vendors a chance to save face by fixing the problem, and it gives users the chance to have their problem fixed rather than having to blow more $

this is an issue for bing and the customer, not for bob.

Normally I’d agree with you. Except there have been multiple instances of Bing deleting threads and not being chastised for it.

The other thing to is that if the said thread is deleted before only a handful of people can read it, the word doesn’t get out. It dies with the thread for reasons of laziness or fear of being banned for bringing it back up.

I think regardless of what vendor it is, the post should go into buyer feedback and the vendors should have to defend themselves like everyone else does.

If the issue with the buyer is rectified, edit the title to WO or worked out. It tell more about the vendors character and practices then leaving it unknown by having threads deleted.

See what I mean? People on this forum warn each other about companies and vendors, thats part of the community. Censoring that takes away the sense of community.

I didn’t mention your name. This goes for all vendors, you just happen to be included in that grouping.

LOL, Antonio thinks Bing shouldn’t talk about himself in the third person so much :smiley:

can someone please find an instance of me deleting threads that invovled me?

I did do this once in the admin section but that was at least one year ago and possibly two years ago. I got chewed out nicely for it from hutchy, greg and marc and i apologised for it.

again with the lies.

none since i been there, seem like a nice guy even tho i dont kno u man, its kinda unfair i say for u how there thrashin u and stuff man, if they have concern post it or pm u not make a threat and post it.

it should also be mentioned that i have not spoken to bob in more than a full year.

it is a mystery as to where this recent campaign came from.

yeah I can come up with a few good ones… whole threads, partial threads, the parts that you didn’t like… even a few instances of post modification for your own means and ends. and I KNOW that most of the people that have been here more then a year and esp. the admins. will remember these instances if not in whole then in part.

yeah, i remember the ones you are talking about where my own posts were edited with yours… not by me.

you just assume it’s always me that is moderating you when in fact it is not.

all the discussions about these particular issues still exist in the admin archives. i’ve gone through them already.

anyways, i thought this was all over…

Riighht… you apollogized for it and then did it again and again.

Either way, this is for all vendors, quit the self pity.

I put my truck up for sale, and I decided to take a look around the forums as I hadn’t been on in a while. Not just that, but the previous controversy with you, Gautam and Andrew wasn’t exactly a shining moment.

Gautam banning me was a nice touch though to a legitimate question.

And the fact he moved it to the drama section now makes it look like less of a legit suggestion.

Which basically tells me neither one of you are listening.

wow you guys are still going at it?

Like a glacier…

oh hi i didnt realise this was going on still…

temp ban.

i stopped posting when you were banned, issue dead.