bing you delete shit without reason

Bing I’ve seen you delete a couple of threads in the past couple of days, pretty much without reason (other than ‘ownership’ got chirped). This probably should get closed down, its pretty ridiculous. Your all about free speech unless your shit starts coming into question.

Its retarded that this threads still going.

the issue is the threats and lies brother…

i let stand and had it out already with people who suggested i was rebranding chinese parts… i’m not and never was. the chinese parts i do remain unbranded. Because it’s a lie it doesnt get to stay… and only a couple people got to see the threats… i was on the road when that went down and i wasnt the one to remove it.

people need to stop assuming that it is always me that moderates that stuff.

over the years there have been countless examples of accusations towards my moderation that were actually carried out by others. moreover, most of the stuff sits in the drama section anyways… you can still see it all going back to like 2005.

Finally, if considering the context of how other major forum networks are operated the accusations made of me, which at best are only partial truths, this would still be the most lenient of all forums…

The issue at question here is borderline… i personally love heated debates on nyspeed… but that’s because i actually get to meet these guys at events… for others that never will it’s maybe less enjoyable? JayS and i argue on nyspeed all the time… then at the track it doesnt even come up :slight_smile:

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

copies and split the post and my repsonse here…

i do not feel obligated to explain myself, but i will if it means that some of you will stop assuming the worst.

obviously the root here is the potential conflict of interest between bings.ca and my role on here… that said, the actions taken here are no different than those taken in other cases as they were made of other people or vendors on SON. It does happen more often with me though because some kids feel it is appropriate to instigate silly issues with me knowing full well that i run the place… i know what some people think of me, right or wrong, you can say what you want between yourselves and elsewhere on-line, but it’s rediculous to think that ill-founded and untrue accusations that are disingenuous about me will be allowed to remain in my own home.

you wouldnt let it happen in yours.

with the latest issue with 5cott. He was set to ignore back in March already for being problematic when we did the merge as if his opinions were somehow of merit in anyway. He was un-ignored and behaved for sometime… however, his latest spat (along with his buddy) was a direct action against me and what they said was a non-truth and not even on-topic given the context of the actual thread anyways.

The issue was itrader. We have put A LOT of work to try and bring it back but it’s simply not ready and I/We were honest about that and have been for sometime giving more explanation than is really due. Responding to our explanation with insults is incredibly disrespectful and i won’t stand for it. Threats were made in a follow up thread that were remarkably ignorant… probably some of the most ignorant shit ever said on this forum… the ban will stand permenantly.

more to the point. Josh, Mike (TPGSR) and I have hundreds of hours each invested into this forum project and we’ve also invested a significant amount of dollars… in the $XX,000 range to be exact.

If people want to get silly and try to counteract what we’re doing then i hope you’ll understand that their access will be disallowed.

I seriously dont understand why people complain about the way a certain forum are run. He can do what ever he wants. Bing and the other mods keep this place running IN THEIR SPARE TIME, so you go with their flow not the other way around. The truth is if you dont like it, open up your own forum then you can moderate how you would like.

I think the issue stems from the community being run by committee for so long. For the people that were here 5 - 7 years ago my actions were more celebrated i guess…

Most people on the forums now were not around then, only G and i really knew all the politics from back then.

I also hear this criticism that all the old-schoolers have left. The truth is that no one really knows the old-schoolers anymore anyways and the old-schoolers don’t know most of you guys and left because of the new people or because they moved out of 240sx’s entirely… it isnt like they would have hung around.

Besides, the forum is larger, busier and more active with more events, more active users and more vendors than ever… before the merge SON was 3 times bigger and busier than before G and i stepped in and really took control.

I use those as guiding numbers, not the opinions of the few.

As I have had the idea that this forum has changed for the worse. I have come to realize that it is just getting better. I guess change might not be pleasant for some but it needs to happen for progress . Good job Bing!

as one of the “OLD SCHOOL” members on the board from back in the yahoo days, i can see i have seen this forum have its ups and downs and growing pains. When this new forum first came about i was totally against it but i didn’t say anything, just hovered around and watched what happened. I am still apart of this forum and I am coming around to it new format. Yes allot of the old schoolers have left but i can assure its not 100% from how the forum is run. mainly because they have left the 240 scene completely. I have known Bing for quite along time and consider myself and him to be friends, He works hard for what he has and allot of ppl are jealous of what he has obtained and their way to combat this is to make allegations and claims against him and his products forcing him to always have to defend himself.

farmer

Hah, no surprise here. Good ol’ bing.

^^^ :slight_smile:

I think Bing has had enough of these accusations thrown at him over the years to go into auto-defend mode.

I’d have to say, coming from the same generation as farmer (Yahoo days) SON has progressively gotten better (except when under Andrew’s leadership, I hated hardcore SON).

Bing, I don’t care about the mudslinging threads nor do I care about how it’s handled… Kids these day’s expect 110% for 50% of the cost. The only thing that comes to my mind was your [old?] Bing’s exhaust, short shifter, fmic, etc… These products were/are rebranded, but I take it you’re defending your suspension bits which are designed and manufactured in Canada! =D

I don’t really call anything BINGS’s that i don’t make… other people do… only place i might do that is perhaps in the mod list of my own cars when posting for sale. I am sure if you search through the forums you may find a couple instances of it randomly i guess.

I’m pretty clear about what i make and what i don’t everywhere.

What really gets me is that there are so many companies that are ACTUALLY putting their logos on imported parts that get no flack, and yet there are always a bunch of guys speculating that i am just bringing in all my BINGS gear from China even though dozens of people on this forum have actually been to the machine shop that builds my stuff.

I have been here many years I guess almost to the point I can be considered an old schooler. I have watched SON grow and I am happy for this great club! There are many great people involved in this club and yes just like anywhere there are always a few rotten apples in the bunch. Usually those people all they care about is themselves and what benefits them the most and not what benefits the club and usually those people can’t see the forest from the trees.

As for the comments and accusations about Bings products etc. all I can say is this, I have bought many parts from Bing and many of my friends have as well. Not I or any of my friends have ever had a product bought from Bing not function right or break …which is more then I can say about some “Name Brand” products that I have bought from some other vendors here.

Oh and by the way once upon a time people used to accuse things that read “Made in Japan” as being crappy products and now they are the best! Products made in Korea were once crappy products look how far they have come and how fast they did it! … China has more money and technology then all of Asia put together and is putting great quality products on the market including cars that are starting to prove themselves as being worthy, they don’t just make things for dollar stores anymore lol! So even if Bings products were from China as long as the quality is better then everyone else’s and they don’t have problems I don’t see what the whole stink is all about? People need to relax these days and stop being such drama queens.