Mr. Clean AutoDry

I got the Mr. Clean Autodry system for christmas and thought I would give it a try.

It actually worked! It looks like all it uses is a house water filter and soap with some wax in it (it smells exactly like turtlewax soap).

My car usually gets tons of water spots if I don’t dry it off, but it didn’t using this system. I’ll have to go price the soap/filters to see if its actually cheap enough to use every couple of weeks to wash my cars.

nice, i was always wondering about it

its decent, but i didnt think it was amazing…atleast on a black car. but i still like it.

A lot of car dealers and even some newer car wash places use reverse osmosis water for “final rinse”. It dries spot free as the water is pure H20.

I’ve heard good things, but can’t get myself to cough up the dough for one. I go over my car 100 times after I wash it anyway (when it’s warm out, that is).

I bought one and tried it. It does work pretty well.

I used it, but my cars exterior was too hot(sitting in the sun all day), it has an optimal temp rating on it, it says to let it sit int he sun then bring it to the shade and I didnt pay attention, I got water spots on the warmer sections of my car. Surprised it wasnt too cold out for you to use it.

mine only works when i wash it inside the garage. outside, it either dries to waterspots, or takes forever to dry.

i wash the truck about once a month, and use detailer on it in between.

mine was used weekly x 4 cars
i had the same issues with a well waxed arsenal of black cars

i went back to cheap car wash and towels

i used to use this on my dark blue silverado… it worked great then i lost the gun lol

i have it sittin around somewhere. it use to work well until i decided to stop buying the refills

I don’t see the point in me switching to the AutoDry, I’d probably go back as well. Besides if there’s a water spot or two it doesn’t matter because I go over it with glass cleaner on the windows and Quick Detailer on the paint a couple times in between washes (when it’s warm, anyway)

I always go over my car with quick detailer too. The best thing about the autodry for me was not having to put my hand in the bucket to get the soap out when its 40 degrees.

Cheers. I’ll agree with that statement! :smiley:

amen to that

i won one a while ago but i yet to use it. i have several black cars so i’m hesitant.

I use an brush with an extendable handle. Only in the winter, though. I wouldn’t use a brush on black. My car is silver, and gets polished/buffed in the spring, so some light brush marring isn’t a problem.

IIRC the principle that the autodry uses is exactly what someone mentioned - which is basically purified water. If someone has a whole house water purifier I imagine they’d be able to just use tap water and get the same effect. I also know that the cartridges don’t last as long if you have “harder” water. So I’m pretty sure it’s just purified water. You can buy GE purified water for like $1/gal. Someone should try drying w/that :slight_smile:

I USE A BRUSH ON BLACK ALL THE TIME -LAST 10 YEARS x5 cars

BUT…
its a special boars hair brush with a mahogany handle from either griots or Eastwood tool

the Ferrari club of America uses it on enzos and it will not scratch.
the key is it gets softer every time its used

whats the difference in retail?
griots gets $69 for the brush
Eastwood gets $35

I see. Mine is from Pep Boys and has plastic bristles that are soft on the end. I guess I wouldn’t use my brush on a black car. Haha