MrRage's UnTurbo'd car

Turbonetics=FAIL. This is a known factor.

Get a percision turbo, or even a TO4E or something like that. Guys have nothing but problems with the Turbonetics turbos on 350z’s.

Wow, that is nasty.

My Next turbo will be a Garrett

I run a T04E and have had good luck so far, but a Garrett is in the future (as well as 9psi ).:thumbup:

And as a side note, B.B. turbos really need a timer to cool down, bearings aren’t overly resilient to heat. Journal bearing turbos can take the heat better, but they don’t spool as quickly as B.B.

Cruddy deal.

So what turbo are you looking at now.

:iagree:

Ok new specs for turbo:

Garret 50Trim Starge 3 .82A/R T04B S Trim Water Cooled. Can’t wait to get it.

Going water cooled, upgrade your rad.

So while I wait for my new turbo to arrive. I took the time to paint my valve cover which I’ve wanted to do since I got that stupid thing. James and I also upgraded my fuel pump last night. I’m getting ready for 8-10psi of boost.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/ragerman/photo.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/ragerman/photo2.jpg

Or put a secondary system in, Electric waterpump, Small resevior and an alliminum Liqiud intercooler.

:auto:

I wouldn’t go much beyond 8 without doing a methyl injection or something like that! I’m pretty sure that’s where I ran into my issues lol!

Who is saying i don’t want to run into these issues. It will give me an excuse to build the engine if I can blow it lol

haha well that works! I say fuck it then! Boost to 15 Psi! Then when it blows up build an engine to actually be able to handle that 15! :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t get why people keep blowing up blocks… Just build it up, better than waiting for a new block to get shipped in…

I want to see at what point it fails. It will make a stronger block in the end. And why does it matter to you?

I guess in that case it makes sense, but I’ve had “friends” who used to over boost block for fun…

Ha fuck just put my silvia to ten pounds and it’s a blast but I wouldn’t run meth till I got over 15 pounds but that’s just me

I wasn’t trying to be mean. I just want to try somethings out for fun so I can then not do them with a built block.

The QR25DE is not a high boost engine. Due to it’s large stroke it does not last long after 10psi. The internals were never built to be boosted.

Long stroke + paper thin cylinder walls + high boost = BOOM!!!

Aluminum melts really easy, lol.

Basically I think his objective is to benchmark, that way it is easier to build an engine when you know it’s weaknesses.

Yeah , my car used to have the ca18det till I got bored and pushed it to 22 psi for a few hours then raced an 02 corvete threw Edmonton when it finally got home it sounded and blew smoke out like a good old 7.3 l diesil ha ha