MS Paint Resolution Increase - Reliable??

BUMP! So yesterday went to Kinkos and showed the guy behind the desk the picture. Like everyone said there was nothing he could do, so before I gave up I asked him if he knew about the skew/resize on paint that “magically” increases resolution. He said no. So for shits and giggles I took the photo and resized it in paint 500%, bringing the resolution to like 9000x3000 or something I don’t remember and handed it back to him. He plugged it in and said “that’s really weird, the DPI went up and I can make the picture photo quality but twice the size (up from 6x4 to 8.5x11). So we printed it and it looked great. So he says again, make it even bigger. So i increase that resolution another 300% or something, whatever the resolution went to 18000x9000 (remember I’m just partially remembering these numbers but they grew), this time it took the computer about 5 minutes to resize it (my old 8 year old laptop). So he’s like wtf now it looks good over 12x24”. So he said resize it AGAIN. So it did, another 500%, and my computer CRASHES, first time I’ve ever seen it do that since I’ve owned it. So i reboot it and he tries on his laptop which is much more powerful. It took 25 minutes, but it resized it to an actual 28,800x19000, the photo went from 2MB to 1.5GB in size. So he through it on photo shop and got it to the size I wanted, 3 Feet tall and 4 feet wide and the DPI (I think??), was 500, which he said is better than the normal 300 photo quality. He said he’s never seen this before but apparently it works, so I’m currently in the process of making my DIY Canvas photo using it and I’ll hopefully remember to post pics. So if you guys want to try it out on your own photos give it a shot. I seriously wanted to blow up the resolution another 200% but his computer wasn’t having it, it got super hot.

You know 18000x9000 is a higher resolution than most Pro quality cameras take? Like that resolution is nuts.

I don’t know anything about that stuff, at all, I literally stumbled on it. Go ahead and try it.

• Updated - - -

I have the photo on a flash drive right next to me but I can’t upload it here it’s too big.

If you’re enlarging at all I would suspect Photoshop is the way to go. You can do Bicubic sharpening and things of that nature when you increase it.

I don’t know if this is what you’d want cause I’m not a photo pro at all. My best camera is my phone. I do know enough about photoshop to get by, but I’m not an expert.

If you want to learn:

http://www.lynda.com/Photoshop-tutorials/Inkjet-Printing-Photographers/103678-2.html?autocompleteMovieId=112452

Do a free trial

Dropbox or OneDrive?

You should just have someone do this for you. You are not going to be happy with MS Paint for anything. There are excellent Photoshop plugins like Alienskin Blowup that can fake that missing information in the photo to make it look “better”, not necessarily good.

The photo was already printed and looked great.

It probably looks great enlarged because everything was out of focus to begin with.

I have no idea what that means^ the important thing is that it came out how I hoped it would.

lol