MS Vista Activation Scheme

http://www.overclockers.com/tips01046/

honestly, Vista is an OS (depending on how things pan out) that I might actually pay for :stuck_out_tongue:

bah, i’ll just buy a new dell with it preinstalled. I won’t shell out any money to ms when you can get a 400 dollar dell with the os preinstalled.

With a worthy copy of Vista (I think there are 6 different versions), you won’t see the baller edition of Vista on a $400 PC, I hate to break it to you.

:word: It might be cheaper, look at the expected pricing. http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/software/start-saving-vista-prices-leaked-197123.php

Granted I havent kept up on the differences between the 4 different versions of vista, but XP home sucks Pro is the way to go. If its the same with Vista $341 is a Dell machine with OS.

damn… that is pricey… although, if the upgrade will work with snky versions of XP, maybe that’ll be the way to go :tup:. However, even 260.00 makes me cringe (for the ultimate version atleast)

why can’t devs. make more windows compatible software for linux?

edit: whoops, those are canadian dollarz :-S

thank god for UB’s agreement with microsoft…im not sure what version theyre going to carry for vista but they had XP Pro…either way $5 and ill be happy

No that site is in USD. says so in the last sentence.

oh, nm… I’m an idiot lol (was looking at the zdnet article)

What are the upgrade requirements, like, I have a legit copy of XP pro, can I “upgrade”?

Also, I’ve got more than one computer, I know MS will want to fuck me, will I be able to register it on multiple computers (doubt it)?

It does not appear that way. Once you activate on one machine, looks like you are going to have to call to get it activated on another and once that happens, your first machine is more than likely fucked.

lol yeah and it will take hackers all of a week, if that to crack it.

im not worried one bit about this.

el gayo

I still enjoy my MSDN key… wonder how the eff I’ll get one for vista :hay:

I am thinking this will blow up in MS’ face when too many corporations bitch because of having to reactivate all those machines that bite it and need to be reimaged. Originally I think they had these kinds of plans for XP but we all know what happened to that. Time will certainly tell.

lol word with buickgn.

I dont think it works like that, its a totally new kernel, with all sorts of new shit.

/.02

If it doesn’t work like that, how would you ever upgrade to the first release of a new OS?