vista upgraders...

beware… http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=5887

i dont see whats the big deal, so what if there is another step?

lots of people dont have legit versions of windows because they think they are :snky:

pfft. all of my XP installs are legit. :gotme:

it’s not my fault that habib believed my HDD crashed 10 times. :snky:

i won’t upgrade to vista until it comes with my new 400 dollar dell machine.

Its too much money to buy it on its own.

lol and that has stopped hackers before how?

so dont buy the upgrade disc, buy a full version

or none at all

none sounds good… lol

who really cares? that article is retarded :bloated:

:rofl:

u’re not seeing the point…

johnny script kiddy goes out on tuesday and gets vista upgrade (to save money) to put on his new uber gaming rig that he probably put together wrong and is on his 3rd motherboard, thinking he can cheat the system and pop in a friend’s XP disc and satisfy the installer.

nope… he’ll then try to return the upgrade software at X store… and they’ll say… NOPE.

So… johnny is stuck with the software he cant use… untill there’s a way around it that johnny can comprehend…

Johnny be smart though and goes and gets a legit XP copy from college for like 4 bucks… :slight_smile:

so what is the difference between home premium and the ultimate edition?

Word. I can’t wait until UB Micro has Vista available.

johnny aint no dumbass he knows he cant upgrade and steals a full version with a corporate key.

Johnny script kiddy wouldn’t spend any money on windows anyways making this a moot point.

Besides it’s not like it’s terribly hard to get even an FCKGW key version to register as a valid version of windows.

actually, CORP liscenses are handled diff. w/ Vista, limited # of seats, not unlimited.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2007/20070202.jpg

dell, and other companies, are stupid to be selling $400-$500 machines with Vista cus the computer wont even run good with what Vista even recommends as requirements to run it.

:word:

Same thing happened when XP came out.