mtg is ??? (sport bike*** f4i, zx6r,r6,cbr)

That is complete bullshit. I know many people that have been riding for years that have never dumped. I have been street for 3 years and the only time i dumped my bike i was screwing around being dumb. and that was almost 2 years after i had been riding. And i ride about 15k miles a season…

^agree to disagree… id bet more people drop their first bike within the first year of riding than those who dont.

even if it just falls off the kickstand.

I wasnt trying to say the kid is going to go sliding in a ditch at 100 miles an hour or anything. Just from what i have seen most new riders tend to drop their bikes within the first month or two. Be it an actual drop due to lack of skill, or a simple driveway tip over. Riding is not the same as driving its a discipline in its self. You have to develop new skills and instincts as well as some instincts that are very counter intuitive.

I also sugested an older bike because parts for them are usually easier to obtain and usually a bit cheaper. Obviously if you get something super rare that is not the case but for the most part its true. Also the plastics on older bikes tend to be a bit more durable compared to the ones found on newer bikes and usually require less skill and resources to repair.

Dam i feel bad for cluttering up the kids thread now lol.

^agreed.

Haha you opened wills pandoras box =p

I agree though, you will drop your first bike, weather bye on accident or on porpoise.

:bloated:

:lol:

Question??? Hey guys is a 2002 r6 with 19000 miles. brand new tires. clean. never dropped. bike for 3000 dollars a good deal? thanks

sounds like a fair deal, just check to make sure it doesnt have the 2nd gear tranny problem.

Not a bad deal. just make sure that there arent any underlying mechanical problems that might be over looked. eg:needs new chain and sprockets, forks seals, brakes, valve adjustment. 2’nd gear like Willy mentioned.

If thats the route you go, get a steering stabilizer. Yamahas usually handle better than most but thats usually due to their front end geometry which in turn makes them somewhat unstable during certain situations:). Not a bad thing its just how they are. Kind of like you cant have a comfortable caddy like ride in a F1 car.

I still got your old zx6e.Interested in it? new tires new chain sprocket.

Thats a decent deal for the r6

Glad to hear it isnt being whored around like I was told. Would in all honesty love to pick it back up but the beans just dont correspond to the desire at the moment if you get what I mean;). Hate working at a place that is under a wage + hire freeze. Makes it hard to get promoted and payed more:rant::bush:

anybody got any other feedback or know a person the had a r6 99-02 year. If it had any problems or pros and cons. thanks

ieatpaint… i used to ride it all the time his was a 2000 i believe, ineedacar owned it before…

once we did plugs on it, it ran like a top… never let him down… would wheelie no problem with a little clutch in 2nd… no issues with his… and he paid about the same… (2-3 years ago)

thanks 4 the feedback evey little bit helps me make a decison. thanks

bump for feedback

anyone else have other bikes 4 sale?

set up some RSS feeds from craigslist on the specific models of sportbike your interested in…that way the very second one gets posted for sale you know about it immediately. I have them set up on my phone using google reader

If you’re really serious about buying, searchtempest.com. I went on there for a number of weeks searching craigslist ads across the country to find what I was looking for. There are plenty of deals out there, you just have to be patient. Of course, you also have to ask yourself if you are comfortable buying a bike not seeing it in person. You can edit the search radius to keep it somewhat local.

edit- good deal here http://syracuse.craigslist.org/mcy/1549607877.html

and its even .“REDAY FOR THE ROAD”. :roflpicard: