Mugen Si at the dealer

197 hp…ROFL!!!

That because you know nothing about Honda handling, or lap times… :wtcslap:

Seriously how hard is it? I have a set of cut springs, a ebay chrome strut tower bar, and futura tires and I blow the doors off corvettes yo! Add a little e-brake action in the turns to get a drift going :mrT:

it’s not hard at all, once I picked up all the sweet shwag out of the PepBoy’s catalog, I was putting people in thier places.

man how come every time i go to pep boys to get my go fast parts they tell me they dont have anything for the new civic’s what is up with that

maybe cuz they are racing on real tracks :dunno: I mean Tsukuba isn’t cones setup in the walmart parking lot like autocross around here.

:blah: :blah: :blah: What are you trying to say?

I think you missed the sarcasm, except for Joel. I really do think he shops at Pepboys :kekegay:

In all honestly driving basics are the same between autox and a road course. Brake, turn-in & modulate the gas, go full throttle at the apex, etc (this varies a little between cars and drivers but you get the idea). Main difference is in autox the turns happen at a higher frequency and rely more on the car’s ablitly to transition. In a road course the higher speeds allow things like aero & brakes to play a bigger role, cornering is more focused on steady state rather than transition. I’m willing to bet if you slap a set of race tires on the base Si & Mugen Si and take them anywhere that your going to see a difference, but not 10 grand worth of difference.

Besides if these rumors hold true the next big thing in Honda’s will probably be this car. AWD with a turbo K23 pushing it sounds alot better for a car over 30k.
http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/354/C13492/

That racing on a track is a little different then autocross in a parking lot, I mean come on everybody and there brother can go to an autocross event a race.

I was talking to a certain individual last night about this and where they get the price tag from. Cuz if you think about it logically it makes sense.

1. 999 of them being produce
  2. The wheels on it are probably atleast 2k for the set this is being conservative
  3. The exhaust is probably a good $500 again being conservative
  4. The aero kit probably about 2.5k (the HFP kit is $1200 from Majestic so that’s even cheaper then from a dealership)
  5. Mugen suspension is probably 500 on the low side
  6. Dealer mark up, people have no problem paying what 10k over msrp for a Z06 and those aren’t even limited production

:hahano:

i guess i really need to come auto x my car one time i never thought it would handle as good as your saying

1. and its actually only half this year and half next year
  2. retail is 2483.00 then tires are about 200 each they put kdw’s on them
  3. exhaust you mean muffler :ugh2: and its going for 675
  4. no one has found a price to this yet but im say your right at 2.5k
  5. try 1.2k atleast that is what the other mugen suspension is going for and i dont think this one is much different

Read what Chris said, the mechanics of the car remain the same. Different aspects come into play for different tracks/courses. Way too weighted of a subject to get into in a single post.

Bull. Anybody on this site can probably get onto a track.

Though I’ll admit autox is easier just to come off the street and start driving around. If your talking actual “racing” on a track then yea I get your point. That takes more money than most people care to think about. And a car that your willing to accept the possiblitly of it becoming a unless pile of crushed metal everytime you enter the track with 30 or so other drivers trying to get to the front.

Joel - Yea we picked up a few new Si’s this year so you’d be right at home! Most the handling from the new Si’s comes out of the LSD. Its pretty aggressive for a factory unit, really helps the car outta the tight stuff.

well hate just to jump in but Im goin to pick my buddys mugen up between the the 6th and the 10th and i hate to say but its just a sick car and one of my best friends is goin to own it hahahah 1 out of 1000… Just to let you guys know who will be ownin it he has a Black Crx that he bought for 100 bucks and it runs 11.7s allmotor

omg! here I come in my Porsche…

The price actually adds up like he said ^^

Sorry I forgot that everyone is a professional driver and that Beaver Run is the same as Tsukuba and all the other Japanese tracks that Japanese cars are tested on i.e. Motegi, Suzuka, etc

How did we end up arguing about track times anyways?

Habib!

lol I was just making the point that “everybody and their brother” can get onto a track, thats all.

How did we end up arguing about track times anyways?

Someone mentioned the Mugen RR, which I thought was a much better car for the money since it actaully produces lower laps times (kind of a moot point since we’ll never see it here anyways). I think things snowballed from there. Dragging this back to the Mugen Si, hondacivic946 I’m actually curious what made you get one?

berad, that picture is killing me for some reason :bowrofl:

I believe he meant moot point:kekegay:, and that RR would be more cost effective for someone wanting the performance that the upgraded edition offers (if they could get one) and not some fanboy edition, that roughly 1000 tools will eventually be flaunting.

I mentioned the RR because someone mentioned the Mugen Si having no performance value like the Type R did.