Munster's 98 Civic hatch

Figured since I was doing a bunch this winter I’d throw up a thread on it.

This is before winter started:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y298/munsterjdm/Revloc%20Summerfest%202006/IMG_2337.jpg

This winter picked up a set of 15" TE37s, function/form coilovers, rear disc setup, and other odds and ends. Also tucked the entire headlight harness and cleaned up some vac line routing.

Right now it’s in the body shop getting a full respray and some dings/chips fixed.

Picture as of last week:

Once this is all finished I’m starting on the new block and new turbo setup. I’ll try to keep this updated.

cool, I remember walking by it the one night at the waterfront and thinking thats a cool hatch.

ooooohhh rusted steelies…:slap:

It was pretty to begin with, now it’ll be super-ballin’

You respraying the same color? Once I’m done busting my ass on the new house, I’ll be out to grab the hood, and ride of course.

3 rusted steelies and an ugly 17" wheel that I found in the garage. haha.

Hood’s not going anywhere. Just hanging up in the garage. I hear ya on houses. I’ve been working on one for over 1.5 years now.

Respraying same color. Just had alot of chips, dings, etc. from dailying it for years.

fuk black civics and daily driving. that never ends up well.

Never did see your car in person, but from what I can tell it looked great then. Although, I can understand “close up” its always a different story.

mostly it was just door dings and/or scratches here and there. There were alot of chips from highway driving. The roof had a section that needed fixed from a half ass attempt at repairing it by another shop after I drove into the garage with a bike on the roof rack. There was a spot of rust under the rear wiper too.

The SiR bumpers needed resprayed because a local shop did a horrible prep job and they were peeling like crazy.

Basically, it was just easier to respray everything rather than a spot job. Plus it will be straight as an arrow now, smooth paint, etc. It’ll look like how I’ve always wanted it to. Plus the guarantee doesn’t hurt.

Not bad for 2 cams…bwahahaha :slight_smile: . It looked great before, cant wait to see it with the new paint and parts.

Stopped by the shop on Saturday. It’s ready for paint just had to do some samples to figure out the new paint (factory with the pearls hopped up a little). tires are mounted on new wheels, got my jdm thin moldings, and some other parts ready to go on. Hopefully will have it in my garage by this weekend so I can get it put back together for Carlisle.

looks good…glad o see small dings bother somone else too i cant stand them mine is getting resprayed for the same reason

I have new pictures. I’ll post em as soon as my camera charges. It’s cleared now, and I get to start putting it togeth tomorrow.

Camera charged. This is before wet sand + buff. I can’t wait to see it after that. I’m psyched.

Halogen light reflection. Shows the pearl a little. Just hopped up the violet pearl in the stock mix. Before the blue overpowered everything else.

Looks great. Looks like someone knows how to paint black.

Got it home and started reassembling. Once this is all finished up I’m getting back to the built block, but I’m going to run it for a while on this LS and see what I can do to better the times. Traction bar and lsd should help.

Pics…

that little muffler is so cute*****i’ve never seen one like it

looks GREAT man!

WOW…it turned out GREAT…I am def. coming to see these guys!!!

wow, wish my black car looked that good.

congrats and enjoy!

that really turned out good Munster

really turned out good