Must See Spec V Video

Ok, so I’m sure anyone that visits the VBoard on a regular basis has seen Travis from FI-R talking about a VQ35 swap into a b15 chassis.

How about some dragstrip video evidence?:
http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=122628

Watch the video anyway, but how about a 13.1@104 MPH? And it sounds BAD. ASS. :E

To hell with a turbo… I WANT VQ POWER… Thats amazing

Whoa, that’s madness… me rikey…

Some may like… no wait love the VQ swap, but call me a traditionalist I’ll stick with what my car came with, and then eventually boost the piss out of it maybe that should eventually be my license plate: VQ WAT?

There is a guy in Saskatoon selling a VQ35DE here is the add. I think he wanted $1100 for it

2004 nissan maxima 3.5L v6 255hp motor with auto trans complete with computer and wiring harness. this has 10,000 kms and is like new. Email: t.thoms@shaw.ca

Holy SHIT. That is a good ass deal.

Man, if the actual SWAP didn’t look like it would cost so much, I would be all over that.

That’s pretty sweet. To bad Travis is a fucking douche.

Yeah - if you can get your hands on the parts you buy from him, you’re pretty OK. :smiley:

Travis has had his issues, but trust me there’s more to every story than what you hear. I know him and know a lot of stuff that other people don’t know about him and abuot a lot of business he’s done. He’s made some mistakes there’s no doubting it, but anyway, he’s got good intentions.

Anyway, the VQ swap, evn though they are trying to offer a kit for it, isn’t going to exactly be somethign you’re goign to do in your driveway if you don’t have any experience doing this sort of thing. A turbo kit can be installed fairly easily if you have even limited know how and can turn a wrench and read directions. Also, this swap needs a few thousand road miles to show it’s true face… whether or not it will create other problems etc.

Great job on it none the less. I wish those guys the best of luck. Nothing wrong with a high 12 sec run that’s for sure. I’ll be sporting 400 whp by spring though, so the VQ will still eat a little QR dust. :wink:

:E I want to see it when it happens. That will be awsome.