VQ35DE in an sentra

http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=131200
I never thought a VQ can fit into a sentra well I was wrong :A

This is deffinately an amazing swap… Travis did his first one a long time ago and I’ve wanted to do it ever since…Oh to have the money.

Maybe I wasn’t paying proper attention from the start. But this is a 2002 SE-R with a 3.5 Nissan V6 from a Maxima and the guy stopped building it? It won’t run so he got rid of it??
Why has no one suggested wiring to him? It obviously seems he was in over his head when he posted the wiring firsthand.
I’m confused. Who interprets this differently?
No Spark, No Fuel but the engine turns so he thinks mechanical??? Someone mentioned that they wonder if it’s a bad engine??? I don’t understand.

amazing… i want one

wait if he was able to swap a vq35de into the spec-v…how did he accomplish this without lifting the body and lengthening the rails on cahsis… isn’t th vq…a little too big to fit in the spec-v… i mean even if u swap the
QG25de(spec-v motor) with an rb26dett ( skyline motor) u most probably need to legnten the rails for it to fit… and the rb26dett is a 2.6L motor compared to the 3.5L for the VQ35
i mean correct me if im wrong!!

There is no modification needed to the body (well there are a few holes and notches needed) to get the VQ in there. Because the Altima is FWD it makes the swap much easier than converting to RWD. I also believe the QR tranny and the VQ tranny are almost identical internally (much like the SR and KA tranny) the only thing to be swaped is the bellhousing. A few custom motor mounts and some wiring and you are all set :smiley:

Mike

yup…QR and VQ share the same tranny…

i kno this is LONG overdue, but anyone in toronto or nearby, or as a last resort anywhere in ontario, that would do the vq swap into an 03 sentra? im really wanting this , and would also like to turbo it 2

Not to hard to do, check out 2J-Racing. But the VQ only weighs like 50lbs or less more.

Joe was putting down some scary lap times around Road Atalanta kept getting inspected because he was so much faster then anyone could imagine that car go.