Sentra SE-R Spec VQ35DE

I’ve always thought this was a cool swap, I’d love to have one as a DD someday. The motor only weighs about 50 or 60 lbs more than the QR25DE so you don’t lose that tossable feel.

I’m pretty sure most of these videos are either the same car or they’re done by the same shop (some shop in MD or DE or something specializes in this swap).

These cars have VQ35DE’s out of the 6th gen Maxima’s with completely stock internals, a few of them have just basic bolt ons

A few fly by’s

Spec VQ vs 350z w/ intake

Spec VQ vs. stock Spec V (stock Spec V’s are good for low 15’s at about 92 so they’re not THAT slow for a DD)

Bolt ons/13:1 compression/cams runnin 12.20 @ 110.85

:blahblah lol. I dunno. I just think it’s pretty cool.

Still FWD. Swap might have raised an eyebrow or two if they swapped in 350z drivetrain. Just my opinion.

I know, but like I said I think it would just be cool for a reliable DD and reliable project.

Trust me, me + FWD = one and done. No more for me (unless it’s a DD, not something I’d care about performance wise).

white car’s got my wheels.

These are cool cars… Stock Spec Vs seem to get a bad rap though from SE-R guys- note SE-R.net doesn’t even acknowledge them, hehe.

I drove one when they first came out, I thought it wasn’t bad but the low redline (6600 RPM) was kind of weak to me. Interior is kind of cheesy too with the red on black.

It probably was just as fast as the clapped out '91 SE-R I was driving at the time too… Or maybe my bad wheel bearing made my car “feel faster”.

I have seen one of these VQ’d Spec Vs on B15Sentra.net for about 10K, don’t know if anyone bought it.

Last thing, if I were to do this swap, I would remove the “Skyline inspired” (blech) front fascia and put one in from the 1.8 or even the SE model instead.

that last vid. 311 is fucking awsome and i miss them…

sounds like a beast. i love it!