Mustang Gear Questions

Hey guys I need some advice. Im about to order a set of 4:10 gears for my 04 mustang and was wondering whether i should get the bearing kit with it as well. The car has about 40000 miles on it so everything back there should be in good shape. i know its not necesary to do it but figured it would be a good idea. Also does anyone here know how to install gears? If someone on here could come over and help me beer and pizza would be in order. Thanks.:hug

you might as well do the bearings while youre in there.

Talk to 94GT5.0, he told me someone he knows does gears when I was looking into them for my car. Gears are kinda tricky…

Thats what i figured. I thought maybe Adam would know how to do it or if not know someone who did. Id like to get a set price from someone to do the whole install. Not send it to a machanic to get a ridiculous bill when its done.

Thats what i figured. Only rip it apart once i suppose…

Definately do the bearings and seals.

The going rate for install is $250.

i know where NOT to have it done

Your garage?

there too, you have to be dead on checking the clearance or it will blow apart. i had vinces auto install brand new carrier and gear set and it blew right apart. 8 months later

I would suggest the bearing kit on any stang over 35K miles. Youre right there anyways, no need to skimp out!

Also, check out this kit, comes with a tune made for your car/mods, and saves ya some money!
http://www.americanmuscle.com/predator-410-gear-oil-kit.html

Id suggest the SCT tuner over the Diablosport…

Id even consider rebuilding the posi unit- the kit is only $45.

im wit stupid get the kit and have someone put it in that knows whats up we could prolly do it if ya wanted

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll257/Allgo5oh/TShirt-1.jpg

i suck yo dick for a hit:retardclap

Maybe I should starting smoking crack. Then Id lose some of the weight Im trying to lose.

LOL, it would work paul!!

Except I cant afford crack. Shit’s expensive

hence the suckin dick part

No, Im not resorting to that. Im not a homofag.

nah just a guy in need

Ill go without