My 03 WRX:get back to running and then mod it thread

Good to hear dude, now sell it for $12k+ !!! And buy that blue Audi s4 on here for $10k!

:tup:

HAHA no way.Id rather buy Justins.

Installed some gauges and it has normal oil pressure.Ill post pics once i get the A pillar

If you need any parts let me know, I’ve got tons of stock parts laying around. Glad to see everything is working out.

Just did a Leakdown test,.
Good results
10%
10%
8%
7%

Very pleased with these numbers.It was my first time ever doing a leakdown test but it was pretty simple.I think im going to do my saturn tomorrow to see how bad that thing leaks at the valves :lolno:

Its on the road right now.Failed inspection because of stupid evap emsission control.Hopefully its a gas cap otherwise it might be a pain.

It drives really nice.4th gear kept popping out and i thought it was a syncro.I checked the fluid and it looked old and low.I threw in a cocktail of penzoil syncromesh,penzoil heavy gear oil and Redline lightweight shockproof.It hasent popped out since and shifts much smoother.Front and Back bumpers were fixed up and repainted.Ill post pics tomorrow.

Nice

ot: golf tomorrow call me <3

so gross

Replaced the power steering pump today since it was burned out when i got it.
works good now.

Put an STI turbo on it today.

Wow its been a while
Well i got the car tuned by mike and its running 19 psi.The clutch was slipping under 21 psi so i stayed with 19.
The clutch was real worn in this.Grabbed great but had no life.

So of course i decide to go to the track.To bad it rained and the other time i went they ran only the 1/8th cause of conditions.
Didnt get a time out of it this year.I was hoping i could hold the clutch off until spring so i could smoke this clutch at the track.It started slipping on me without heavy boost so i knew it was time to change it.

I went with ACT heavy duty with full street disk from mike at innovative

Well first things first.Get the engine apart from the tranny.I heard it was easier to pull the motor forward rather then drop the tranny.So i decide to pull the motor forward.
Lets just say i now know the way to NOT do a clutch.
It took quite a while to get apart.

You have to do these things right so i got the flywheel resurfaced by buffalo clutch.

Heres the old worn disk.Ouch bare metal.At least there was a spec clutch in there.

Heres the old clutch compared to the new one.

Clutch was alot easier to get in then out.tourqed to specs with removable locktight

Drove it a few minutes ago and WOW what a difference.It grabs with the pedal halfway up instead of only having it grab in the last 1/2 inch.Nice and smooth.Im very happy with the choice and now its time for the break in period.

very nice. So I am assuming the engine forward idea wasn’t a good one?

:tup:

so much for just a basic dd lol, looks like you’ve done a great job and nice choice of simple yet good mods :tup:

are there any updated body shots? it seems kinda ragged in that first pic

sorry hero i have no idea why i wrote this lol 444AM though that might explain it

Take it easy with the clutch, even though it’s upgraded, doesn’t mean your tranny can take it. I’ve seen more than a few of those transmissions give out after an upgraded clutch.

X…

Wow, it takes a HUGE set of balls to jump into a car that was basically picked for parts, not running, modded by someone not known to you and something that is foreign to you and decide to buy it and get it back in order. Huge :bigclap::bigclap:

it may or may not have something to do with the main material component being some kind of glass/cardboard composite :smiley:

yea, 5spd trans like to go kaboom so don’t be too surprised when it happens…

Awesome job man!

Very bad idea.Now that i know what i am doing.I could do it way faster.

I got the front and back bumper fixed up and painted.My dad did this so it wasent half assed.Paint is GREAT to.Cant even tell.
Ill have to get a couple shots of it.I hit a deer and got the dents fixed by PDR.I just have to panel paint a fender.Its as good as new and actually better since the pdr guy took out pretty much every other dent except one.

I looks really good with the green cluster.I should post a better pic.

I actually dont beat the shit out of this car.I dont drive it every day and if i do drive it to work i dont go into boost.:shrug:.I might do a Hard pull once a week if that.I baby this thing.

Im NOT going to launch it on this clutch either for 2 reasons.My tranny grenadeing and burning it up.

:thankyou::thankyou::thankyou:. I did SO many hours of research.Iv only seen under a wrx/sti hood once and that was for 5 minutes.I got a great deal on it to.I would have still made out good if i had to put a different motor in it.

Yeah, that takes some cajones, going from looking under a hood once to buying a non running car and getting it dd’able. Bet you are loving it in the white stuff:eekdance: