So i went to the dealership and came back with......(A now running WRX)

A 03 Subaru Wrx impreza.45k
I got a VERY good deal on it I couldnt pass up but theres a story.

Someone traded in this car and parts were stolen from it while at the dealership.To be exact the intercooler and turbo.Some damage was done when breaking into the trunk.Just some small trims missing but i shouldnt have to put that much into it.I Knew someone at the dealership and talked to them about it and i got first dibs after they turned in the insurance claim.

The front and back bumper have some scrapes/scrathes.A small ding in the one door.Grill is missing. for the front.

I dont know much about these cars yet but im going to put a bigger turbo on it for sure.I know it had/has some aftermarket stuff on it.The intercooler was a front mount.It has a 3" exhaust and sway bars.

Here are some pics.Its dirty as hell.Any forums you guys reccomend to get parts from? I have to do my research to see what turbo i should get.This will most likely be my DD and i want to get all the parts ASAP

its the scooby w/ the dodge wheels !

srt4 rims??

looks good

i think that car used to cruise around at my school it had a bigger turbo and intercooler.

the plate used to say YOUR IT:wiggle:

this car was someone on the boards not too long ago… and i think i know what happened to the missing parts… if its the car im thinking of i bet an employee took um off the car

Willwood brakes…yeah I’ve seen that car before.

Um, good luck? Make friends with Mike at Innovative.

how much did you pay?

Thats actually the rear.

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40739&highlight=2003+wrx

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12184&highlight=2003+wrx

I guess its this one.I got it from Jim Ball

Who unbolts the uppipe, then cuts the downpipe off? And how do you steal a FMIC core without cutting the bumper?

Yours is silver…? The first link you posted is blue. I don’t get it…

Reading>you.Read the first post of it

sometimes cutting is way faster, depending on the tools you have (swivels, extensions, ect) and how rusted the parts are

and im sure the intercooler came out the bottom

im wondering if the dealership double dipped … sold the parts themselves and claimed ins on it too

someone who doesnt own the car or care about the car would cut the DP off.

and to get an IC off without cutting the bumper? easy… take the bumper off…

Thats not what I’m saying. Someone who cut the downpipe (the easier thing to unbolt, takes maybe 2 minutes) but unbolted the uppipe wouldn’t take the time to remove the bumper and leave it in seemingly good condition.

$5500+ taxes so i payed a total of $6150 for it towed to my house.

I don’t care enough, I just looked at pictures.

shit good deal.

why make noise cutting the bumper if you can just pry it out of the way anyways ?

god, some of you would make horrible criminals :slight_smile:

Why would you cut the bumper with something that makes noise? A sharp box cutter would do it. :blah:

Why would you sawzall a downpipe when you can unbolt it? Your logic is reversed. :slight_smile:

Jim Ball’s employees are very shady but that is just my opinion. I would not be surprised if there were some shenanigans.