My 07 Si

Again…you are not seeing a huge drop in intake temps, the effective runner length is longer…thus equaling more power(tourque) which you can actually feel with your ass.
Seriously ad’s for phenolic spacers will tell you whatever you want to hear…truth is once the car is moving, air is accelerated by the intake throttle body…causing a low pressure area…dropping the temp a little. This goes on in your engine regardless of t.b. temps…unless there like a 1000 degrees you can’t dump that much heat into the air. It’s cruisin by there so fucking fast…On a carb car or t.b.i. car it might help a little. By keeping fuel bowl temps down etc. etc… Operative word here is a little. On a log type manifold with a common t.b on a newer type car… like i said physics,fluid dynamics, FTMFW.

While we’re at it, I want some whistle tips.

I want the WOOOP WOOOP, not the WAHH WAHH.

1stgen…I’m on the same page as you. I’ll also add that people don’t understand that the air is heated more by being compressed through the TB, into the plenum and down the runners…more than it’s heated by heatsoak as it’s hauling ass past those parts. Yes thermal gaskets do prevent heatsoak to the IM and TB, I have Hondata thermal TB and IM gaskets to drop any amount of temperature that I can and may help free up an extra 1hp on the dyno…but noone on this earth will feel the difference in their butt when driving.

Word…

Umm thats kinda what I was saying… never said you could feel the differance, just said they helped keep the temp down …

I think it depends on the car.

There are dyno’s on NWP’s site for a Maxima gaining around 8hp with the spacers.

lol dude

Ilya… thats not really the point 1stgen is trying to make…

nice dyke mobile lol

jp

I posted that sheet for that part of Miah’s quote. I understand what 1stgen is saying.

That is all.

It can be felt, and it does make a significant difference in temp AND hp/tq (unless your a Honda lol jk). At least it does on a VQ motor. Hence why I said I think it depends on the car.

We’re talking about Tricia’s Si. And look again at that graph. It’s not 8hp through the entire rpm range…which one would feel. It’s mostly 1-3hp…which you will not feel. It only gains the 8hp through a 200rpm range at peak. If you feel that…well then you’re magical.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/4/its_magic.jpg

Hahaha…that’s an amazing Molestache.

I think TB and IM spaces have more of an effect on our FWD V6 Nissan motors than most others because of the shitty IM’s we get. It’s like they made the motor for the 300ZX (your case) or the 350Z (my case) with the RWD engine bay clearance, then decided they would rotate the motor 90* and squeeze it into our engine bays and throw a pathetic little manifold on top :banghead :lol I know upper and lower plenum spacers on my car are good for a solid 10whp/10wtq.

either way all this stuff doesnt hurt to have.