My 07 Si

in defense of dkid15 i did just install an obx header on an ep3 and the fitment was actually really good. maybe it was luck lol. i also have had bad experiance iwth obx though. and other good experiences. now let this poor girl have her thread back.

When talking Megan/OBX/DC…yeah…it’s pretty much just a name for the most part and are mass produced for the “everybody’s” that say “a header is just a header”. Saying that “if it looks as good then why not get a cheeper one”…or “it’s the same thing with a different name on it” is just nuts. Do the research on REAL headers like Bisi/DTR/SSR/RMF/SMSP etc. and you’ll see why people pay $800-$1500 for a header.(I paid $860+shipping for my Bisi). Some goes for suspension…or rims etc. Ebay coilovers may “look just as good” to some people as a pair of PIC’s or ZEAL’s…but bet your ass aren’t nearly as good of a product. 99% of the time…the part will cost more because it is indeed a better piece.

Thank you Jeremiah.

I would agree with parts like that, but its just a hollowed out piece of metal, I cannot see a difference, the only difference would be from a short header to a race header, if the header is the same size and the holes are equal it doesnt matter what the brand is, metal is metal all day long, the price just depends on the label you put on it, I bet alot of header’s are manufactured in the same place.

umm ok …and SS auto crome turbo kits are the best kits out there …lol …

there is a differance in the metals used, the shape make not look all to differant in between differant headers but the craftmanship and welds and flanges is what u have to look out for …ive seen headers crack in the middle of the runners and at the welds be its so thin

n0:squint0:squintdz

oh srs time

Cheaper headers will break, welds will crack and shit out. Metals are generaly thinner and cause more heatsoak…

Also depending on the design of the header, some are extremely restrictive compared to better brands

NOODZ

Tricia…I really hope you don’t honestly believe that all headers are “just hollowed out pieces of metal”…and that “metal is metal all day long”. Everything from the diameter of the primaries…to if the primaries are stepped…to the legnth of the primaries…to the path of the primaries…to the collector…to the legnth of the collector…to the type of collector…to the the material the header is made out of… etc. and how well those materials are all put together, allllll determine how much power you can make out of it and where exactly in the RPM range you will make that power. You may not “see the difference”…but the difference between $150 ebay headers that may look good to your eyes…and real hand crafted headers like Bisi/SMSP/RMF/HiTech etc. is astronomical. Like I said before…ebay headers are for the “everybody” that’s just looking for generic aftermarket parts to add to their mod list. Headers like Bisi/SMSP/RMF etc. are ordered and made to exact specifactions for owner specific motor builds. You don’t just click “Buy now”…or “Add to cart”…you call guys like Bisi or Randy…you talk to the man that’s building your header with his own hands…you go through your entire motor set up and find out what best fits your application. Maybe it’s just me…because then I think “header”, I NEVER even consider companies like OBX/MEGAN/SSautochrome/ebay whatever…even exist. Because they are just far inferior products in design, materials and performance. I’m not saying that NOONE should ever get one of those products…because I have no problem with people on a budget that’s just looking for a few extra ponies getting this stuff if that’s all they can afford. But to anyone that’s looking to make the most power…they’re looking in the wrong place.

^smart man, right there.

Thank you sir.

F this, just sold my DC swap header, I’m going to buy an OBX 2-piece swap header…

Amen to that speech. I’d much rather support somebody doing research and making a quality product with their hands than anyone else. Hence the only aftermarket header I’ve ever bought being a DTR piece. If you want the most usable power when buying a header, get a quality one the first time.

jk foo’s…ASP ftw

http://www.k20a.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=45&pictureid=308

I agree with Jeremiah.

I had SSAutoChromes on my Maxima (headers and y-pipe). What a waste. I make more power with stock headers. lol. Not to mention fitment wasn’t exact and I actually had to heat up and bend the front section of the y-pipe (down pipe) in order to squeeze it past the oil pan.

My motto (now) is go big or go home. I decided to just stick to stock power wise since I’m more into look of the my car than the performance of it anyway. That’s why I have real light weight wheels from a good reputable maker (5Zigen), a good suspension setup (not some ebay stuff that’s been cut to be shorter - I have Tokico Illumina struts and H&R springs), and when I get my second set of projector headlights…it will be the beautiful Acura TL projector with the ZKW lense (best cutoff on the planet). It costs money, but in the end…not only did you do it right, but you set yourself apart from all the people who have mods that they paid pennies for and don’t match yours in quality, finish, etc.

A 190hp V6 with a 15 second 1/4 mile is good enough for me. I like the twisties out here in the boonies anyway. I don’t need a 13 second or less car.

Save your money and get quality. You’ll be happy you did later.

everyone has tehyre own opinions, but I bought a megan racing header and its not from ebay, they have a good reputation, I dont understand why everyone says they are bad

Well I dunno any Honda companies. My point was, do your research and spend money on the products that have a good rep, etc.

well heres the header I bought :

http://www.meganracing.com/uploadImage/regular/SSH-HC06SI.jpg

and heres what it says about this header…
Honda Civic Si 06-09
Model Number : MR-SSH-HC06SI Megan racing headers are made with T-304 stainless steel, Mandrel bent tubing, CNC Machined Flanges. Each set is tested to make sure the fitment and performance meet our goal. Each header comes with 1 year warranty.

Spec:

• 4-1 1 piece

• 2.5" outlet

• T-304 Stainless Steel with Polish finish

• Direct bolt on, gain more performance due to more air flow

• Si only

• MSRP: $179.99

where does megan racing have a good reputation?

Anyways on another note :happy:…

so got my throttle body spacer in the mail today !! I didnt get the P2R one, but a Helix one instead, ill see about a 22 hp gain and 20 ft/lb gain, makes the car sound like it has a turbo wastegate too lol, its sick, well heres some pics and a video of what it will sound like on my car and heres a link with the specs on it

and heres the youtube video…

I cant wait to put it on this weekend ! I will video it also and take some pics !

That’s actually more like 43hp at the wheels.