My 1965 Nova II- 8.85@153.5 - Turbo kit FS

We ran stock LS3 heads and a good gasket with copper coating and ended up re-doing them twice on my friends 1200whp Camaro. We had the car out every weekend just about as well though.

LS3 heads seem to be hit or miss. Changing back to 317s is a sunday afternoon job so im not worried about it. They pop one set and they go for sale.

Who is taking the over/under bet that it will run this weekend? :slight_smile:

considering last sunday you were adamant you wanted to hear it run that night…I think this weekend should be easy to obtain first fire.

I blame it on getting old. I used to stay on projects till 4-5AM and just finish it but now im spent by 11PM. That and this LS3 head conversion was way more effort than I anticipated.

What kind of beer should I bring over?

^Yes

IPA

Beer is good

Beer is still good

https://youtu.be/FDud_Vk4ijQ

Nice work!

Thank you!

Only real issue so far is the trans is leaking. Again. Looked quick might be a cooler fitting or pan maybe.

So this high compression big cube deal sounds nasty and revs so quick/hard.

Siqqqq I expect some heaters by tonight!!

Sent from my iPhone 6

There might be some in the forecast…

• Updated - - -

When I first started it I had some of the injector data in wrong. It stared somewhere under 10:1 AF(lowest my gauge reads) and was billowing smoke worse than a diesel. Was kinda funny to be honest. This pic was AFTER we let it air out.

Looks fine to me LOL jkjk your like a Mexican and work fast you will have it sorted quick lol

Sent from my iPhone 6

Already sorted. I was just outside making boost in the driveway on the brake

Looks like you and mingle were clam baking out in your garage.

lol @sasquatch

So an update for this… went to 127lbs inj. Bigger fuel pump(on its way) and this guy just showed up. S484 newest wheel and race cover. 1.58 ar. Its fkin huge. 1100rwhp??? :slight_smile:

So with all your scrap and left over parts, I bet you could build a turbo LS for the '55, yeah?

I would LOVE to.

Awesome!!! Love the new cover. People are doing crazy things with that bad boy!

• Updated - - -

Lots of turbo ls1 builds going on here. We should have a turbo ls1 cruise next year (well maybe in 2 years).