My 1965 Nova II- 8.85@153.5 - Turbo kit FS

Great .gif…

That run is on pretty low boost. Around 16psi.

It appears I am having converter issues as I turned it up next run and was on the limiter well before the traps at 150mph. I have enough gear for about 185mph so something isn’t working lol

I changed to a different converter Saturday night. If I can get the car squared up during the week ill head back friday to make some 20-24psi hits…

Nice pass! Too bad I couldn’t make it out… we might be pretty close with everything… Mine goes about the 9.0 range on 16ish and my 8.50 passes are on about 21. I’m 50/50 going to the track this Fri for a Moms race.

I don’t really want to go for a MOMs night because of how busy it is but maybe the week after?

I will let the slips do the talking later in the season but yeah I think we will be a great match once im sorted.

Stupid MOMS races screwing up Friday plans :lol:

Much launch, such turbo

For some reason I expected a wheelie in that video, lol.

fkin mustangs

:slight_smile:

haha maybe someday. Nova prefers to just get down the track drama free. That was a 1.43 60ft off the footbrake

I’m starting to dislike the moms thing too… The street outlaw class at lancaster sounds fun too…

Are they being strict on tech at the street outlaws? I have considered running at lancaster to dial it in a little between trips to the 1/4.

It’s so you can check the efficiency of your turbo set up. If you are over spinning your turbo you will not make more power and eventually it will do damage #compressormaps .

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/accessories

Edit:

Well Jason from mufflerman is in the 5s with the same safety gear you have.

Sounded great in person! When are u going back?

Was considering this friday but I guess it is a MOMs night so probably Friday July 3rd?

Was the converter letting out, the cause of motor 1 to explode?

I would speculate that it caused the condition resulting in that motor letting go. But I also know better than to ride a rev limiter at full load and 20+psi haha.

I really won’t call that last motor exploded…slightly tweaked rods.

Well, yeah. I mean, it does have a new home in the slow car.

That motor is a champ

That reminds me. I should drive that thing sometime.