My 240 Build Up *Pics* 56k GTFO

nice! GOT the S13 back up and running… are you gonna take it to track mark?

Mark, why is the interior still brown? :hsugh:

looks black to me

http://jammin.jshost.ca/mark/The%20Swap/March%2027,%2007/InCar.jpg

Brap’s to Mark and you guys. Looks real good!

Walter, your lucky you still have sight in your eyes rather than steel :squintnono:

I live on the edge.

ps. i hate you.

ahah, i remember when chris put my old ka in your red car… it was mint at the time LOL…

good work buddy

yah that ARC sidemount is very nice

i dont know much or really anything about this directly, but i would guess that he should have zero issues running his stock t25 12-13psi on that set up with his ducting and nice arc sidemount in place.

Dear Mark,

Brap. Gold FTW! =D 10/10

whats the dealy with the red one with no motor?

It’s free, go get her!

Thanks for all the kind comments guys!

Sr20, it’s a little wider, thicker, and longer than the stock one. And it’s ARC, so it’s pimp, haha. I love it. The response on this car is amazing and it builds boost really quick.

Yes Jon, that’s Ericson’s old car. Show him what I did to it. :slight_smile:

Jedi, the guy recommended that I get kevlar (it will just last longer), there was no problem getting it with a 4 puck clutch at all. I’m surprised your friend couldn’t get it… What kind of clutch did you get built there btw?

Mr240sx, yes the whole interior has been changed to black, Devin (Enzo) helped me with it. It took him an hour to get it out of the red car, remove the brown dash, and install it. I don’t know anyone here who can do it faster.

Jesse, yeah! My car was definitely “mint” at that time. And after 1 winter, it pretty much started falling apart. haha

Yea strange that they didnt give my buddy an option for Kevlar.

Clutch I had done by them would be a six puck, kevlar sprung disk and had a 50% hold increase to the pressure plate. Next step on the PP would have been dual diaphragm and I wasnt getting into that for a daily driver.

Clutch has been in the car now since May 04 and I dont have one single compliant, I friggin love it.

re: clutch

I don’t know the specs on the pressure plate, but I can say that the engagement of the eurodrive 4-puck kevlar disc w/ sprung hub is very, very impressive. It’s virtually identical to OEM – easy to slip, smooth and light pedal travel, no chatter, quiet operation.

It’s still being broken in so I don’t know how it handles the mad SR torkz yet but, after having done a nice 100km break-in yesterday with Marky, any driveability concerns people have/had from it being a 4-puck can easily be set aside.

Uhh … how harsh did you expect a sprung hub with a stock … sorry, not stock … yellow painted stock pressure plate to be?

Other than being marginally lighter (because it’s a puck, not disc) but having less surface material … it should feel (and act) just like OEM, only last longer.

Kevlar is key because of its resistance to heat, not grabbing power. It’s a common application for big diesely straight axle trucks, rigs, the stuff that makes up 90% of Eurodrive’s business.

If you want grip, you’d be better off with ceramic/metal

eurodrive rebuilds the pressure plates to whatever spec you give them.
Coefficient of friction is only one side of the equation… the pressure you apply to the clutch makes up the other half resulting in how much grip you get.

I don’t really get why everyone on this board seems to feel you need a 600lb-ft capable clutch when in reality 100% of son members are not making this much torque.

are you saying the pressure plate is solely responsible for causing the on/off action commonly associated to 3/4/6 puck discs?

No

*sorry, that was directed at mr200

byahhh

http://www.blinkerfluid.org/spd/images/markside3.jpg

^^ i love that parking lot