My '87 300ZX

Check out my ride I’m working on. I spend about $3000 a month on it. Let me know what you think. I always have parts coming in. Constant updates, check it out often. If you have any advice, comments, or think you can help in anyway, please let me know! And that’s right, NO RUST. 110000miles. runs beautifully.

VIEW MY CAR HERE.

More pictures coming 17/05/05

So you spend $3000 per month on it??? Have you only had it a month now??

yes, well, i had it since march, but just got it out 3 weeks ago. i make around 4700net/month, and im gonna use most of it on my car. i dont have any other bills cept my 45$ cell bill

WOW you make soo much. I am jealous… :butthead:

What do you have planned for the car?? TURBO???

no turbo. all N/A
check out the site. Everything i want to do to it is there. and i change my mind often as well on some things.

I constantly am ordering things so check it out often.
heh, i make so much, and i just turned 20.

If ya live waaaaaaaaay up there, pretty much any job that you do would be that much!! Thats actually normal pay rate. Reason, ya get less taxes taken off, ya get a northern living allowance benefit and i think another one, not exactly sure. BUT… the cost of living is killer, cause everything has to be flown in ( food, clothes, parts in this case!!) lol

Why don’t ya put a turbo on that thing??

You paid 6g for an 87 NA w/ 110 miles on it? Now you wanna try and make it fast? What are they smoking up there?

You’re going to spend a shitload of money trying to make your NA fast and still get spanked by guys running just a few mods on their turbos. When it comes to a heavy car like the Z31, NA is not the way to go. At least not using the V6.

Check out this guy’s site. He has taken his NA Z31 and built it up with the turbo parts on the NA block. He’s running low 12 second passes with trap speeds indicative of a low 11 second/high 10 second potential if he can get traction.

www.redz31.com

If you’re going to be spending all that money on making the car fast, why not make it REALLY fast! :E

God. With the potential of the turbo motors, if you even only spent 3000 on the motor you’d be in the 350hp+ range. easily. The turbo can break 250hp with a $500 investment (3" ex., intake, boost controller). Modding an NA is a waste of money and it’s already been done before so there’s no novelty factor.

because im not a turbo fan. Yes the cost of living up here is killer. Houses are at least double what they are down there. apartments are even more. nothing is flown up here, unless its a rush, or its during spring/fall when the ice road and ferry are out. which isnt that long. I realize the power a turbo will give you, but I love the feel and response of an N/A engine. If i wanted a turbo, i can get an 88 300ZX turbo, which is in even better condition then the one i have now, from the same guy that i bought mine off of.

As for the going rate people get paid, its nothing near what I make. a regular 8hrs/day job, 5 days a week will pay 7-1000net/2 weeks. A labour job will land u 2.5-3g’s/month net, unless u work 12hrs/7days a week, will land u 4-5g’snet/month. if you work at the mine, it will pay 3.5-4.5g’s net/month, on a 2 week in, 2 week out basis, which means u can get another job in town while your in town 2 week, whihc is wha ti do. it gives me another 1000$net/month.

When is the last time you were in a turbo car??? There is not a better response with an n/a.

Turbo lag will be virtually non-existent if you size your turbo correctly.

If you want to be really original, supercharge the car. You get instantaneous response and all the power potential of a turbo. If you’re looking to spend that much money you could easily do so. :E