So i'm A Z33 guy now..

So after parting ways with sandra, our '06 and '07 race car i’ve put a downpayment on a unitech built grand-am GS 350z. It still needs some work to get it competitive but we are going to spend countless hours on the dyno setting up the motec and trying different intake and cam tuning combinations aiming for 300whp stockblock. Unfortunatly we are not allowed to use a rev-up or an HR motor otherwise the task would be easy!

http://www.imageverse.org/image/s6962241.jpg

Also we will be testing at Mosport quite a bit preparing for the Grand-Am race early next season.

We’ll keep you guys updated on our progress!

^SICK!
Are you guys motec certified tuners?..
share your secrets!!! heheh

Great purchase guys, and I look forward to hearing more about your setup and tune.
(fyi- its very hard, I mean very hard to extract 300whp from a non rev-up stock block…)

Make sure to let us in on your test & tune days, i would like to check them out.

Good luck!

welcome to the dark side. watch out for church, he’ll violate your personal space so fast you’ll think you’re in a japanese bukkake gang bang :slight_smile: look how fast he responded to your thread "D "D

^bastard!

Richards the one u have to watch out for. he might sneak attack you from behind…

^cole, knows the truth… :stuck_out_tongue:

Awesome! I knew you’d get a 350Z… can’t wait to see what SG has in store for this Z33.

I know 300whp is going to be quite the feat, however while 300whp is very difficult, winning without 300whp in grand-am will be even more difficult!

The only cams legal for grand-am are the Nismo R-Tune cams so we’ll be using those and pretty much the only other thing i can think of that not many Z guys do (for obvious reasons) is a straight exhaust.

I’ll keep you guys updated and I look forward to transfering the knowledge we’ll gain from our race car to help you guys out.

Sasha,
Are you allowed to use the Nismo heads?
are you guys allowed to work the internals at all?
Port & Polish maybe?
how about balancing the engine internals and possibly balancing it as a rotating assembly?

So many questions…!

Cheers,
Church

Hey Sasha, Congrats on the purchase.

Definitely will be a feat to get 300whp+ on a non-rev up motor. “Kwame@Z1” on my350z.com spent quite a bit to get to 300whp… all motor. Might help to search up his posts on my350z to see what he’s done.

It was adam who built the NA motor, hes at 305whp!! NA!..
11.3 compression, blasting to an 8400rpm redline!..drools

All we are allowed to do is balance the rotating assembly to the lightest factory component, no headwork, and the only cams we’re allowed to use are the R-Tune cams!

Revving is obviously the answer, but unfortunatly we can’t do it. I believe the highest we’re allowed to rev to is 7500rpm, and with stock valve springs I will not be going above 7200rpm.

I’ve seen a couple guys at 270whp with just plenum/exhaust and i’m really hoping cams, cam tuning, ignition tuning and a racing exhaust will throw down the other 30whp i’m missing out on. Oh, we also use 98 octane rather than 94 (or 93 in the states).

But we can only do what we can only do!