My Baby is finally coming home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*Update* She's home

you’ve been talking about this for a long time. :tup: i’m glad it worked out for you.

how was talking to the guy who robbed you on it? was he awkward? post details.

Robbed me on it?not sure what ya mean

just checked my original post on that motor…without carb (he is using it right now)…price IS infact $5k…you got my #

didn’t he owe you a lot of money and skip town with the car? or am i thinking of someone else?

Sounds like the BDR5OH car.

exactly. my bad.

either way. congrats on the purchase. :tup:

wat about the zr1 u have on order?

Not only the MPG Aspect.

A 10 second SBC w/auto tranny just gets bland after awhile (in my opinion) Cruising & practicality get tossed out the window.

See the 3 dollar signs in his name ? He can have both! lol

thinking the same thing.

Zr1 is still planned and yeah that is why the car may not get a frame off this winter.If I drive the thing(Iroc) 1k miles a yr that would be a lot.Just my HS Iroc and it will be passed onto my Kid(son it looks like but too early as of the first sonagram-sp).

If you don’t really care about the “correctness” of the engine I would suggest an LS engine. Most factory SB 400 blocks are two bolt mains and even when converted to 4 bolt splayed caps are still weak. If the plan is to purchase a Dart or World Products block you might as well purchase the GM LSX block. It has provisions for stock old school SBC engine mounts and will bolt up to any GM trans. The price of good parts are on par with std SB stuff. You will spend a bit more on a good set of cylinder heads (AFR 225cc) but a correctly built 400 cu.in LS engine will run a train on a std 23° SB and even a 18° SB for less money. The only pricey part would be the Hawk stainless LS headers for the thirdgen, but ask Oroc they are top notch. You can either choose EFI or stick with a carb setup. Either way you can’t lose and you will have a reliable 600hp machine

Congrats!

D have you talked to your dealer about ZR1 availability?

Post pics of the restoration, I love seeing that kind of stuff. Congrats on getting your baby back!

Will do.I’ll have to talk to Joe and get some tips.
Ron,
Haven’t talked to him but if its true that they are going make more then 2k,there won’t even be an issue
D

Got the car home(or at my buddy’s house to get it running).He had it running within an hour but wouldn’t tell me what he did.Car seems to run good,shifts but this was just in a driveway.Only the battery gauge works and the Tach is off by about 1000 rpm’s.
Have no idea yet what the motor is and the seller didn’t either.We’ve both heard rumors 350,383 but what I do know is it still is TPI and has headers now.Car was a 305 TPI when I had it and almost looks like I remember it But it was burning a qt a week back then and would never had lasted this long the way it was.maybe a lower end rebuild?
Car is still a nice 10 footer but up close you can see some flaws.I guess it was painted before he bought it and they never put the Iroc stickers back on.
Should be fairly respectable when cleaned up and should easily make it the rest of the summer the way it sits.
Now the fun begins!!!

Awesome man that must be a weird feeling having back a car you previously owned. Pics?

congrats…

wait, so you have like a billion dollars, but no digi cam?