My best showing thus far (v. Poker)

Soooo…after 5 and a half hours of sitting on my ass…the tournament is finally complete.

i did the 4PM early double tournament on Full Tilt Poker…it’s 2 tournaments that run at the same time, $5 to enter in each, and on top of regular payouts there’s a progressive jackpot that you can get a piece of if you cash in both tournaments, have the best average finish, show at both final tables, and the main jackpot can only be won by winning both tournaments.

well, out of 994 entrans i came in 149th in the one…which is cashing, but barely…

meanwhile i was on fire in the other, and finished in 2nd place out of 1125 entrants, turning my $5 buy-in into $658.

Furthermore, since i cashed in both tournaments, i get a small chunk of the progressive (small = like $20).

not bad…$690 or so to sit on my ass for a few hours…may not be a shit ton of money to most of the baller board members, but it’ll help me out a bit and allow me to enjoy the upcoming weekend a bit more :slight_smile:

this is my best single payout for a tournament…i’ve walked away from $1/$2 cash tables up over $700 a couple times…but that’s different…cashing big in a tournament can be a bit harder IMO.

and for the record…i shoulda taken first…i had QJ and flop came 4 5 Q, he raises…i re-raise…he calls. Turn is a 9, he raises, i push all in…he calls, having caught 2 pair, Qs and 9s on the turn…and it’s lights out for me. Oh well…that’s poker, i wasn’t upset (even though the jump to 1st was an additional $400) since i had still done quite well and made over $100/hour to sit on my ass at home.

Now i’m just going to quickly cash out $500 of it before i have the chance to get dumb with it online, and use it to pay off a bill or something…

nice work… my little brother just cashed out 1000 bucks or so last week… baller.

yeah first place was $1068…not bad for a $5 investment IMO.

i’ll get one soon enough i’m sure…i’ve been doing a lot of reading and learning a lot recently about the game…and finally have my patience worked out. for the longest time i was too patient, and didn’t play enough hands…then i was too aggressive and would get greedy too often…but i think i’ve found a good median.

so far this week i’ve some 90th in a 900 or so tourny, which was cashing…but barely…then the night after that i come 3rd in an $8 180 player, then yesterday i make a couple hundo playing a cash table on poker stars…all leading up to today’s big showing on full tilt.

honestly…who the hell needs a job.

lol… till you lose money… and get stupid… lol… you should be investing that money… :wink:

They don’t call it gambling for nothin’