My car is in storage; what can I put inside to soak moisture?

The garage I rent is damp. My interior was pretty clean when I put it into storage. Now it’s got crap all over it. Looked like mold from afar, but when I got close it just brushed right off, so that’s ok.

But what can I put in there to soak up the moisture?

moth balls

a vacuum cleaner

dampridd. GREAT product. Available at Lowes Home Depot Prolly even Tops.

Go to a shoe store and steal all those moisture packets that come in each box.

walmart sell this asorbant that comes in a small container… its called dehumidifier… or something like that. Its in the laundry isle by the outside clothes hanger and ironing boards. Saw it yesterday while browsing around. its made for damp closets so it should work for inside your car.

http://www.yellowman.dk/images/medium/personlige/n4015400007098_MED.jpg

clay pellets, they come in a bag with holes, fuck that moth ball shit, unless u want ur car to stink.

Fill the car with rice, its cheap and absorbs moisture. We have plenty of it, buy a few 100 pound bags

or cat litter or saw dust but then your car is filled with either cat litter or saw dust

Just get a barrel of silica gel from that place in West Nukka.

go rob multisorb!

My vote is damprid shit works awesome

i lol’d

lol thank you! I can never remember the name of that place.

does the garage have power? if so, get a dehumidifier ?

i used silica gel i bought on ebay, got like 5 lbs for nothing…

I work at that place! and we make hundreds of different kinds of sorbents. Ill ask and see if there is anything I can do for ya.

and about how big is the interior of the car, this way i know how much desicant you might need, its all based of amount of space. Im thinking transorb or Just Gel in a paint can

+1

I use the stuff in the boat every fall when I store it.

Not sure if the Lowes ones have the nice container.
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=226414-994-FG50T&lpage=none

The ones I got from West Marine have a nice multi-chamber bucket where the pellets go in the top half and the water drains to the bottom half. I clean them out in the spring and just get refills of the pellets each fall.

we bough the two part buckets as well. We got em from Ed Youngs though (of course), I assume the big stores carry them as well.