my car keep overheating!

Hi,
yesterday I was driving my car and it start to overheat. It is a Sr20det… I was thinking of the theormstat… need to check it… but what else could be other than that could course this problem… if anyone know please help me out

hmm, other things can be how’s the radiator and coolant?

make sure your fan turns on. check your coolant levels.

does the car still blow heat from the vents or is it cold? does blasting the heat help bring the temperature down?

Do you require top ups? Are there any leaks? Do your fans turn on? Have you flushed the coolant recently? Does the car go from closed loop to open loop? If yes to the recently flushed coolant, you may not have bled the system correctly.

ok I check change the theromstat and the coolant level is good, but the car is still overheating… I didin’t check if it is blowing cool air or not… but I am going to do that now.

did u bleed the system.

Run the car, don’t overheat the piss out of it . When it gets up to operating temperature, shut it off and check the rad hoses,…are both rad hoses hot? (careful not to burn yourself) If only one is hot then the thermostat could be stuck which COULD be caused by air in the system. If I remember correctly, you should have a brass bleeder bolt on the intake manifold. I just pulled this bolt out and let the air escape until coolant came pissing out, then I put the bolt back in (while engine is running). Once you have done this, let the car run for a bit. You should have hot air blowing from the vents, and both upper and lower rad hoses should be hot. Thusly, you have sucessfully burped your 240. Do this and get back to me

sr20s have a bleeder screw on the coolant water neck near turbo side. where the top rad hose connects to.

I took the bleeder bolt out to bleed out the system and change the theromstat… now my car is running good and found out that the heat inside of the get warmer… which now is even better than before… haha… nice~~

Then It was air in the system

thz for all the help