My CB7 Accord's Progression

[quote=“ieatpaint315,post:26,topic:38757"”]

I’m going to move to syracuse for all these money races i keep hearing about… and that header has a major kink in it, i wouldn’t do much driving with a dent like that.

edit: mmmmm top of 2.

[/quote]

[quote=“turbo ls1 ss,post:32,topic:38757"”]

:word:

what kind of money are you making here? like $5 a race? what cars are you racing. FUCK, there are no money races around here.

not to be a dick, but what does the car possibly do at the track, high 14’s @ 90?

is there any fast street scene in Syracuse? like any street cars than can run with bikes?

[/quote]

there’s not a ton, but there is a handful of street cars that have proved they’re faster than bikes, and while not incredibly common, when we have races like that, they’re usually for a combined pot of ~ $5000.
I’ll be the first to admit the scene sucks lately, but to say there’s not money to be made here is just ignorant.
If you guys have your opinions, that’s fine, but I didn’t make this thread to be another syracuse v. wherever thread.

and an average race for the “ricers” would usually be around $100. do that a few times in one night, and walk away with a couple hundred extra dollars in your pocket, not saying it happens every week, but it’s not as rare as you make it sound. When you’ve been doing it for as long as I have, you get to know everyone there, and you get to know what’s done to everyone’s car long before you race them.

soo… if you make all this money racing why don’t you drive something better than an accord or atleast make yours fast?

my car’s pretty decent… can i come race? im hoping for 12s

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:36,topic:38757"”]

Interesting…

So the car tried to commit suicide multiple times and you keep saving it???

[/quote]

:biglaugh:

I would have just drove the car the way it was with all that rust.A big :tup: for all the work you put into it.Looks like some nice work was done

:lolham::rofl:who wouldnt race u for $100 shit a stock talon can beat u,but nice body work

[quote=“92accordexpower,post:41,topic:38757"”]

there’s not a ton, but there is a handful of street cars that have proved they’re faster than bikes, and while not incredibly common, when we have races like that, they’re usually for a combined pot of ~ $5000.
I’ll be the first to admit the scene sucks lately, but to say there’s not money to be made here is just ignorant.
If you guys have your opinions, that’s fine, but I didn’t make this thread to be another syracuse v. wherever thread.

and an average race for the “ricers” would usually be around $100. do that a few times in one night, and walk away with a couple hundred extra dollars in your pocket, not saying it happens every week, but it’s not as rare as you make it sound. When you’ve been doing it for as long as I have, you get to know everyone there, and you get to know what’s done to everyone’s car long before you race them.

[/quote]

is that like the fast and furious stuff like you all line up on a 4 lane highway and face your ass off? with 14 to 15 sec cars? fully stock? What lines up at the line? a N/A 2.0 2nd Gen Eclipse, 4 door Honda Accord EX, EG honda civic ex? like what do you race agianst?

no, like i said the average “ricers” do not usually race for big pots.

i’m talking about actual fast cars, like fox body mustangs, blown, tubbed, & caged.

and no, it’s 2 cars at a time.

this shit is so lame.

you suck at driving and keeping motors alive

for 5g a race i think some of the faster nyspeed guys should take a roadtrip and make mad loot.

[quote=“newman,post:2,topic:38757"”]

welp.

not only did you try to polish a turd, but you repeatedly tried polishing it for 4 years.

PS: it still seems like you’re pretty deep in your ricer stage.

[/quote]

[quote=“92accordexpower,post:13,topic:38757"”]

i’ve made a good amount of money street racing with it, NOT to say by any means that this was an investment, because I know better.
But it was nice to fund some more parts with winnings from races. Most people underestimated what a 200hp motor can do with the right tune, and some nitrous.

[/quote]

:lol:

this can’t be real

:picard:

you sucks…

mid 13s on spray is so slow/gay

im taking the stock focus up there, whose going???