my computer is being attacked...help

lol, well i think my computer is pesest. i keep hearing it run random commercials whenever my volume is on and there is nothing running that i can see. so every few seconds something will sound off whether its a lame commercial or a shitty song. i have no idea wtf is going on.:frowning:

spybot is runnin now but i dont think its going to help me out here. is there any free downloads out there that will help me rid this demon?

possessed? LoL, that took a while for me to figure out :slight_smile:

download HiJackThis

post scan results here.

Sounds more like an internet ad that is being annoying.

the ads dont finish most the time. And i got to listen to some shmucks autobiography from budapest.lol

right now spybot is running and picking up all sortsa shit that wasnt there a week ago. i will try hijack this after if it doesnt work.

LOL I can see you getting so pissed at your computer

Do you have AIM running at all?

delete aim, run trillian.

yea i double/tripple checked aim. i think spybot took care of the demon. But only time will tell now.lol

Post the HiJackthis log…

Also down the free version of Malwarebytes and Update/Run it http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Edit: I see the issue went away however I would still run malwarebytes…

dam kid was on the computer

spybot was able to eliminate 14 malewares except 1 which it said i needed to be the admin in order to destroy. fraud antivirus 2008 was the only maleware left that i couldnt destroy.

If you don’t get rid of everything you will keep having issues.

malwarebytes vs spybot… go

I couldn’t make it past pesest.

This is NOT a software issue and the same thing happened to me. It has to do with physics, and for the life of me I can’t remember what the concept it’s called;

Simply put your computer and speakers are acting as an antennae that is picking up radio waves. And that’s what you’re hearing.

Some of these waves can travel very far and are influenced by a number of things that can amplify them. The idea is that the is only so much “space” for so many different frequencies out there. Think of rain drops in a pond; some drops get canceled out by those next to them, while some drops compliment each other and increase how far they travel.

My computer would randomly pick up an FM channel from ALBANY and play it over my speakers faintly… in the middle of the night, lol. I solved the problem by not sleeping with my speaker power on. It was definitely creepy at first.

Obviously the problem then lies in the hardware where something isn’t shielded good enough, but I don’t care that much. Turning the speakers off at the end of the night is easy enough.

realy? gee thanks. ill try that next. Oh wait, you didnt realy help out with anything here.

nah, im confident its not that josh. was the same ads over and over again like they were recorded. Im pretty sure it was something maleware related.

Ah, I read this:

And it sounded like the same problem I had.

Really. There, I helped.

Listen, if i wanted ugly fat chicks opinions on spelling and grammar i woulda asked for them or just sent you a pm. ok? you get the hint now?

“would have”

I can do this all day.