My entire car history

My piston passion started with a '91 CRX Si. It was a fun ride, and it sure didn’t feel like it only had 108 hp. I had plans for it, ZC swap (B-series swaps were $$$$ back then), but I never did get around to doing it. Sold it to a friend to pick up this:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/quasimondo/98%20Impreza%20RS/Right.jpg

I had plans for this too. EJ20 swaps were out the question. Those were $$$$$ back then too and I then I saw one look at what you had to do to get the two wiring diagrams to match up. OMGy. Only two companies had turbo kits for them back in the day, but they weren’t the best things around since both kits were known to blow your engine in a heartbeat. I was still saving up to buy one when Subaru dropped the real deal WRX at our docks and the aftermarket for the 2.5’s evaporated overnight. A month after it came out, the only stuff I could find was springs, shocks, and an exhaust. That left me disappointed, I sold it and went for this:

My second turbo’d car. Actually, my first one was a '93 Eclipse, but it was beat as it was fast. And it was a money pit from day one. Bad clutch, bad trans, bad alternator, starter fell off and nearly burned the car down. I sold it a month later, but obviously I didn’t learn my lesson (and I couldn’t think of a car that was just as fast for just as cheap). This one was in much better shape, and I did some good things to it. Rebuilt engine, better turbo, exhaust, chipped for new injectors. I was ready to get medieval on the streets, but then this caught my eye:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/quasimondo/Bear%20Mountain%20Trip/IMG_0425.jpg

This was my favorite ride. Picked it up as a shell with no engine or drivetrain and turned it from ashy to semi-classy. Still needed paint, but everything else was replaced. Brakes, transmission, engine, turbo, the whole nine. Loved the sleeper factor about it too. Rolling up and ripping past on some unsuspecting M3 or Camaro was priceless. Man, I miss that car, but I had to let her go for this:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/quasimondo/86%20Corolla%20SR5/c21882aa.jpg

I know what you’re thinking. :wtf: I had this respectable streak going and then I go retro in the worst way. But hear me out, 'cause I have plans on making this respectable too, or at the very least fun as hell to drive. I’m still collecting parts and when summertime hits, it’ll still look like ass, but it’ll put a smile to your face when you get behind the wheel.

So that’s my story, pleased to meet you.

-Armando

welcome…

welcome, i hope you dont wear makeup.

Welcome!

???

Long story LOL, not a insult directed at you.
Welcome Aboard, Nice entrance. :wave:

welcome

personally, I love the GVR4 but theres a ton of guys crazy about the older Corollas

respectable streak:meh2:

hey man, welcome. going fast on the cheap = :tup::tup::tup::tup::tup: and respectable.

Hahah love the timetable of cars. Welcome aboard:wave:

welcome to the board armando.

there is a slew of vintage jap. cars on this forum.

i just picked up this little diddy(tho its a little farther down the corolla history chain)
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/viggenman/010.jpg

welcome, good streak you had there.

vr4’s are cool

welcome :wave:

if you still have the GVR4 you’d have a moderator slobbin your knob from the get go!

welcome, corollas are cool, if knowledge, space, time and money weren’t an option its a car i’d love to build :stuck_out_tongue:

I think I remember seeing that GVR4 on Honda-tech a while back? Reguardless nice time line in cars. The Corrola should be awesome!! If your in the market for parts in the future just hit me up, I can find some off parts that most cant thanks to my connections in Montreal.

Nick.

im so mad u got ride of the gvr4 for a freaking coralla, :frowning: you are dead to me.

^ Fuck that AE86 FTW!!! Welcome and nice rides

Welcome man, real nice intro.

:wave:

Nice intro, I chuckled to myself when you used the term “piston passion”

what did u do with the tureno???