My experience at Basil Toyota...

Figured I need to give some credit here. I’ve had one experience before with Basil Resale on Sheridan back in 2002 and it wasn’t a great one! I vowed never to set foot in a Basil dealership again. Seeing I’ve talked to both Chuck and Dave on here before and they seem like stand up guys, I decided to give them another shot.

Wife and I are expecting another kid so the Touareg we owned had to go because of the lack of cargo room; we also have two dogs.

I just want to add i loved my Touareg, wish I could’ve kept her. She’s not going far though my mom decided to buy it.

Anyways,

I couldn’t convince my wife on anything other than a 4Runner (that we could afford that is).

I wanted to buy new but it just wasn’t a good time to purchase new for us, plus Toyota didn’t have many incentives on their new 4Runners. A lot of factors played into leasing a new one, primarily price and residual value at end of term if we wanted to buy it outright.

I made some calls locally to all the Toyota dealers (even Rochester). I had a really good deal lined up at Dorschel Toyota; I just had to find time to actually stop in. In the mean time I had PM’ed Chuck Basil on here and gave him my number to call me. I didn’t hear from him for a few days and just really didn’t think about it after that. When he did contact me he texted me and told me to call Adam Beck. I remember meeting Adam a few times back in the day at a few car meets but I didn’t realize he was running things at Basil Toyota.

Gave Adam a call and I asked if he could run some numbers with X amount of cash down. I didn’t tell him what other dealers quoted me but he indeed came back with a relatively lower number. I asked him what their inventory looked like and he said they were just taking delivery of a nice SR5 Premium (which was the one I wanted) as we were speaking. So I drove to Lockport and took her for a spin.

I feel like I’m writing a book so long story short I had to beat Adam up for the remote starter he threw in the price :-).

Overall wife is pleased which at the end of the day is the most important thing. Great experience overall for me!

Thanks Adam!

:tup: to Basil Toyota

Good to hear

:tup:

You’re forgetting the other half of the equation, as you were a pleasure to deal with on my end. Thanks again and enjoy!

Thanks!

:tup: to Basil.

Question though, is a 4Runner really that much bigger inside than a Touareg? Going from a unibody car design to a body on frame I know you give up some interior room.

It’s actually not much more and it was my mistake for not putting a children’s car seat in the 4runner to get a comparison. With that said the cargo area is a bit bigger and will accommodate strollers, dogs…etc. Don’t get me wrong there is a bit more room in the 2nd row and a bit more head room which is great seeing I’m 6’2". I actually had this same discussion with my wife yesterday and i can see a slight difference in room going from the touareg. We wanted the Sequoia but fuck that was pricey. We didn’t want a minivan either. I tried having her look at the GMC Acadia but she wasn’t having it. My warranty was coming to an end in June on the Touareg and i didn’t want to take an extended warranty out so i sold it to my mother who insisted she wanted it after much debate of Touaregs being a problematic vehicle. I hate selling vehicles to family because it always turns into an issue so we both agreed that I wouldn’t sell it to her unless she got an extended warranty. I think the Touareg I had though is a very solid car, I took care of it so not many problems to report and it had low mileage.