Basil Review

Little review of Dave and Basil Chevy.

Dave posted up the TrailBlazer SS last week. I wasn’t even in the market or thinking of buying a car. Matter of fact I was excited of only having a few months left on my jeep loan. Somehow I ended up looking at loan rates and talking to my insurance guy about it. Thursday after work I made a few turns and ended up driving past Basil and saw it sitting on the lot. Pulled a bitch and next thing I know i’m crawling under the SS. Salesman Joe came out and introduced himself and we went on a test drive. While Joe and I talked a few numbers Dave came over and introduced himself. He didn’t know I was on NYSpeed until I told him. He personally sat down and him and joe took the time to talk to me. Dave went out and looked at my Jeep for trade in. Mind you I travel for work and have a dog. My jeep was filthy, even had bird shit on the outside. I was expecting some low ball number but was surprised with the number he gave me. He gave a final price with trade in, tax and DMV fees. I went home and thought about it. Friday we went back and forth a few times on numbers and agreed on one and I signed the papers. Not only did I get a pretty decent price but they got me a very good rate on the loan.

Over all was a great experience. Will recommend Dave and Basil to people I know. The only bad part of this deal is I have to wait till today to pick it up.

:tup: top notch organization. :snky:

:tup:

I’ve sent 2 new car purchases to Dave and both times the people were really happy with the deals they got.

Very good people over there. Congrats on the new ride.

How is Chevy’s leasing program over there? For a while they really had terrible programs.

Another thing, they give a engine warranty for as long as you own the car. As long as you have service records with them you are good to go.

:bigtup:

What rate did you get? Congrats.

Thanks Jay!!

PM’d

I bought a car from Basil and do not have a peep of negative about them, they were top notch. My work has/had a partnership with northtown, I’ll never step foot in a northtown again.

David @ Basil is a good guy.

I’m feeling the love!!! Free oil changes for everyone!!!

(I’m charging them all to Beck :))

Nice. If the lease deals on the new SS don’t suck too bad I may be making an appearance

Great looking truck, any plans for it? I loved having a white one, but black looks so good :tup:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

So far the only plans are to start going through suspension, new bushings, maybe shocks and just enjoy the truck. The first thing I want to do is quiet down the exhaust. Its really annoying. If any of our resident mechanics want to take a look and install a resonator or have any other ideas let me know.

:tup:

Glad to see there are good dealers in the area. I’ve been a fan of West Herr but I am looking to jump ship. I may have gotten bit by the Basil Bug. I found something interesting. I will post results too…not “IF”. When it happens :slight_smile:

Bad ass truck Jay. I had my eye on this, but I think I need to wait a little longer before I jump. It pains me to think about getting rid of my TL…

My sales guy was Joe Oddo. Go see him so I can get my $200 referral.

^ I have to go to Lockport…does that still apply?

PM me your info. I’ll try.