stay away from:basil resale

(if this is in the wrong place move it)

So i buy this '01 blazer from basil on transit in sept. of last year. Two days after i buy the truck a brake lines blows out. I call them up and they give me a hard time about coming to pick it up and fixing it. They do but not with the attitude of pleasing the customer. I forget about it and move on. A month or so later i get a check engine light so i take it in and they just reset it and say it was nothing. Once again i forget it and go on my way. Another month or two and the check engine light comes on again so i take it in and im told its some emissions thing and that the gas cap wasnt tight or some crap. Two weeks ago im driving home from work and the rear diff lets loose. Broken shafts and mangled spider gears…pretty bad. I take the truck in (i have a warranty for 6 months, 6000 miles covering all internal parts of drivetrain) they tell me its not covered because i was “abusing” the truck. I argue with the service manager and i also talk to john basil. He tells me the best he can do is split the repair costs with me. I pay the bill because i need a vehicle but this was shitty customer service if you ask me. I will never deal with them again. Thats all

your first problem was buying a chevy. your second was buying it from basil.

sucks to hear, lesson learned though, right?

Yeah I remember someone posted on craigslist not to buy from Basil resale because they sold him a mini van with a damaged frame and the van was basically junk.

Fixed

yea you are right on both points

yea ive never had a good time with basil my past 2 gf’s got cars from there and they dicked them around the whole time. i tell everyone i can not to go there hoping that some day they will close up and ill have some small part of it happening haha.

Basil has very shady stuff going on… they’ll sell you a previously wrecked car with no qaalms… they sold someone I know a truck with mismatched VINs on the plastic etc… His insurance agency was having a hard time giving him money for a truck that wasn’t his… no 2 vin’s were the same if I recall.

:tdown:

shitty as hell…

Eric, you’re a cool dude, and that sucks to hear. But…

…you did buy a chevy…

:gotme: I bought my car from there. Didn’t have any bad experience, although my car has never had any problems at least none that weren’t caused by me. This was also 5 years ago and the car only had 13k miles on it when I pulled off the lot. Plus I also had a carfax from it so I new some info before I signed the papers.

Same thing happened to GSX…they BLOW

:tdown:

Hey, atleast he didn’t buy a ford. I could just imagine what would have gone wrong then. :slight_smile:

yea basil chevy sucks ass…not that i’d ever buy a gm but if i did it wouldn’t be from there :stuck_out_tongue:

You know, my dad has a 2000 Yukon XL, and very little has gone wrong with it.

Specific Chevy models I would stay away from, blazers being one of them.

I really liked my Blazer. The only thing that went wrong was me putting it in a ditch.

I can understand needing the vehicle, but goddamit you had a warranty, take the fuckers to court, its only $35 to process.

Thats lame dude. Get a different truck from a different place and start over.

My old Ranger was from there. A couple weeks after I got it I went to bolt on a nice U-haul round tube class III hitch, and nothing would fit right. I had used U-haul hitches before with no issues so I kept working on it. Eventually I realized that the bumper brackets appeared to be on backwards. So I drove out to the dealership and looked under a couple other Rangers, and sure enough, my brackets were backwards.

I talk to the service guys, and get, “oh, that’s not possible”. Eventually I manage to drag a manager out to the lot, and prove to him not only is it possible, but my truck has backwards brackets. After a great deal of fighting they eventually removed the bumper, the brackets, swapped the brackets, and put it back together. But as was said earlier it certainly wasn’t because they were trying to keep a customer happy. When I dropped the truck off at the end of the lease and bought my Expedition I talked to a sales manager, and told him flat out that the reason they lost the sale on the Expedition was because of their piss poor attitude on my Ranger.

hey sorry to hear that this happened i’m a basil and it’s hard to hear a bad reputation out about our family business. I don’t know all the circumstances of your situation but i hope you can get this resolved. Update me on what happens and maybe i can put in a word for you with john…he’s my uncle so all i can do is try…