stay away from:basil resale

i have also been boned by them in the past and so have both my parents. We no longer do business there. They are for sure shady!

who sold you the blazer

[quote=“MonteCarloChick,post:12,topic:24473"”]

:tdown:

[/quote]

You don’t have to like it, that’s just the truth.

:tdown: thats shitty of a large car dealer ship to do that id take them to court , and never buy anything from them again or even put an atricle or something in the newspaper about it. Thats just not right esp if you are not the only one of this forum that shady shit has happend to.

I remember my parents getting a Chevy Venture (Which fall apart fast enough on it’s own), started having a ton of issues (seat broke, transmission noises, cold start issues later on, and a few others all around the 30k-40k mark) and they wouldn’t fix it under warranty. They ended up trading it in elsewhere 6 months in elsewhere due to the shoddy service.

[quote=“strokingnova,post:22,topic:24473"”]

who sold you the blazer

[/quote]

i honestly dont remember his name.

I know it just sounds like I’m only trying to defend the dealership but unfortunately with how many used cars are sold out of the Basil stores a year; you will inherently have a few cars that people aren’t happy with. It doesn’t mean we are “shady” and it doesn’t mean we don’t care. Some problems arise that we cannot predict and the used car check cannot pick up. This is the unfortunate risk that is involved in buying a used car. If we didn’t care about the customers I wouldn’t be posting this right now and I’m in Ohio at school. I am in contact with John and brought this to a lot of people’s attention because we want our customers to be happy. Eric, I passed the word on last night and will continue to get details, expect a response within the day or so.

how can they prove that the rear end went pop due to abuse/driver error

[quote=“strokingnova,post:28,topic:24473"”]

how can they prove that the rear end went pop due to abuse/driver error

[/quote]

i have asked this question numerous times and have not recieved a straight answer

USED CAR = OTHER PEOPLES PROBLEMS

[quote=“illusion20,post:27,topic:24473"”]

I know it just sounds like I’m only trying to defend the dealership but unfortunately with how many used cars are sold out of the Basil stores a year; you will inherently have a few cars that people aren’t happy with. It doesn’t mean we are “shady” and it doesn’t mean we don’t care. Some problems arise that we cannot predict and the used car check cannot pick up. This is the unfortunate risk that is involved in buying a used car. If we didn’t care about the customers I wouldn’t be posting this right now and I’m in Ohio at school. I am in contact with John and brought this to a lot of people’s attention because we want our customers to be happy. Eric, I passed the word on last night and will continue to get details, expect a response within the day or so.

[/quote]

I dont think he is pissed that he bought a car that had some problems with it. He is probably upset about the fact the your uncle will not warrenty the car since some money hungrey auto-tech wants to get time on a customer pay job and not a warrenty job.

From a waranty stand point the burden of proof is on the dealer to prove you abused it–such as saw you roasting the tires etc… One of your options is to contact Vehicle Safety in Albany and file a complaint agaist the dealer it cost you nothing. then if it is not resolved you can file a sm claims court case. if you file the small claims case first and get a unfavorable judgement the Judges for vehicle safety’s hands are tied as its already been heard by a judge. call VS first see if they can help you 1-800-callDMV ask to file a complaint against a car dealer or if thats too busy call 518-474-8943
good luck. It has to be filed in Albany but local people investigate it

[quote=“Pauly,post:32,topic:24473"”]

From a waranty stand point the burden of proof is on the dealer to prove you abused it–such as saw you roasting the tires etc… One of your options is to contact Vehicle Safety in Albany and file a complaint agaist the dealer it cost you nothing. then if it is not resolved you can file a sm claims court case. if you file the small claims case first and get a unfavorable judgement the Judges for vehicle safety’s hands are tied as its already been heard by a judge. call VS first see if they can help you 1-800-callDMV ask to file a complaint against a car dealer or if thats too busy call 518-474-8943
good luck. It has to be filed in Albany but local people investigate it

[/quote]

:tup: Some good info there.

pauly,

thanks for the info. i am going to give it a couple days with this guy on here who is a basil. if he can get this settled for me perfect. if not i will go that route you posted

My sister bought a car from Basil. Nothing but problems.

ONLY HALF THE TRUTH

I’m the tech who worked on Eric’s blazer. He failed to tell you that his spare tire is on the rear and the original tire has damage on it. He also failed to tell you that he took the rear end apart before having the vehicle towed to the delaership. So the question is : Why is the spare tire on the vehicle and why did he take it apart on his own?
From the looks of things he may have hit something sliding in the snow and jammed the axle and snapped the pin causing the damage. Rear ends don’t just fail driving down the road as he claimed. Also, the NYS Lemon Law warranty is 60 days or 3000 miles, which he is clearly out of. Basil extends that warranty to 6 months/ 6000 miles. How many dealers do that???
Even though we feel that something happened to the vehicle other than simply driving down the road, we agreed to split the bill with Eric to keep him satisified. His portion was $350. Looking at the situation we feel in good faith that splitting the repair was more than fair.
If the spare tire was not on the vehicle and the rear end had not been taken apart, we would have covered the repair without any questions.

Once again the finger is being pointed and fault is being layed on me. Maybe an inquiry should have been made about the reason the spare tire is on the vehicle (by the way im pretty sure someone sliced my sidewall with a knife as i had a flat one day after work a few days prior to this happening and there is absolutely no damage to the wheel)

As far as me taking the truck apart as i have explained numerous times i simply removed the diff cover to find out what was going on and once i noticed the damage i replaced the cover and had it towed to the dealer.

Also $350 is not the issue here. I have had the worst customer service i have every recieved in my life, from the service manager Tony to John Basil himself. ( i was “guaranteed” yesterday by Tony that the truck would be done today and when i called this morning was told it needed a pinion bearing and he “didnt know how long it would take and had no idea when the truck would be done” i just stopped by the dealer and found my truck on the lift with no one working on it and was confronted by Tony asking why i was there and he still didnt know when it would be done. I was told to leave when i asked when my truck would be done

Please dont buy anything from this dealership. Obviously by the responses to this thread im not the first one this has happened to.

[quote=“illusion20,post:36,topic:24473"”]

ONLY HALF THE TRUTH

I’m the tech who worked on Eric’s blazer. He failed to tell you that his spare tire is on the rear and the original tire has damage on it. He also failed to tell you that he took the rear end apart before having the vehicle towed to the delaership. So the question is : Why is the spare tire on the vehicle and why did he take it apart on his own?
From the looks of things he may have hit something sliding in the snow and jammed the axle and snapped the pin causing the damage. Rear ends don’t just fail driving down the road as he claimed. Also, the NYS Lemon Law warranty is 60 days or 3000 miles, which he is clearly out of. Basil extends that warranty to 6 months/ 6000 miles. How many dealers do that???
Even though we feel that something happened to the vehicle other than simply driving down the road, we agreed to split the bill with Eric to keep him satisified. His portion was $350. Looking at the situation we feel in good faith that splitting the repair was more than fair.
If the spare tire was not on the vehicle and the rear end had not been taken apart, we would have covered the repair without any questions.

[/quote]

by what eric is saying i wouldn’t say removing the diff cover is “taking the diff apart”. so does that mean putting a spare tire on your car voids the warranty? stop being brainwashed by your employer :tdown:

thank you jay

no problem… its just like when someones car with a remote starter has an issue, and they IMMEDIATELY blame the remote starter for the problem. while yes SOMTIMES it could be why, 9 times out of 10 it isn’t, and they are just too lazy to look at it so they blame it on the first thing they find, then rape you to fix it by saying it voided your warranty. they don’t call them stealerships for nothing lol goodluck eric, i hope you get everything worked out