My experience with P and J Speedshop

In working on my Mustang this winter, I installed new injectors and a fuel pump. I struggled to get the car running, and I soon became frustrated. I had my car taken to P and J Speedshop on Niagara Falls Blvd. After speaking with John, the owner, he told me that to get my car running would cost a couple hundred dollars, and that they were busy and he might not get to it until the following week. I said thats fine, the car will be here this afternoon.

Fast forward to about 4 weeks ago. I drive by P and J quite frequently for work, and I noticed that my car really hadn’t moved since it was dropped off. I called and spoke to John again, who said “oh yeah your car is next in line! I will have it for you this weekend!” The next week, I actually stopped in there and talked to Justin. He said that they had some issues with another customers car, and that mine would be in the shop shortly, and once again I would have it by the end of the week. Last week, I called them twice and was given the same story both time about my car being next in line blah blah blah.

Now today. I am beginning to get quite furious, because P and J has had my car for 7 weeks, and they have not touched it. I called this morning and talked to Justin, who told me the “yeah you’re next in line we should be getting to it real soon!” and I said “look, you guys have been giving me the same story about being next in line for 3 weeks. I’ve been being patient with you guys and very lenient about letting you take your time with my car, but 7 weeks is ridiculous.” he fires back with “well we have other customers and stuff breaks and things dont go as planned sometimes you have to understand that. I can assure you that no one jumped in line in front of you -” I said “thats a lie I drive by your shop everyday almost and see a whole slew of different cars in and out of there every day. I told you, 7 weeks is ridiculous.” He said that he was planning on getting the car in the shop today, and I said if I don’t hear back from him with something by 5, then I will be taking my car and my business elsewhere. Was I being kind of rude, yes, but I think that after 7 weeks of lies and bullshit that I have the right to be a bit upset.

2 hours later, Justin calls me back and says my car is running. They claimed I had the wrong mass air meter in there (not really sure how thats even possible since the ONLY one I have is the one that came with the car) and they had to plug up a vacuum leak make a few minor tuning adjustments, and my car was all set now. I asked him for a price, and he said to call back at the end of the day and he MIGHT have an answer for me. I did, and he told me $400. $400 for 2 hours worth of work seems a bit outrageous to me, and since I have been getting the run around and it’s taken 7 weeks and me threatening to take my business elsewhere to get them to even look at my car, makes me even more upset. He also proceeded to tell me EVERYTHING thats wrong with my car, including the rear end, the suspension, the tires and everything else. I told him that I was well aware of every issue that he addressed and had the parts at home to fix every one of them and that I hadn’t had time to take care if them yet because my car was sitting at their shop for 7 weeks. He then told me all the things he would change if it was his car and how he doesnt like this or that and wrote my car off as a hunk of crap. I’m sorry, I know its not the best 5.0 out there, and it’s far from the dream I had envisioned, but its my car not yours.

In conclusion, I would like to say that after this experience, I will no longer be taking my business to P and J Speedshop any more. I would hope that you all would do the same. I’m sure that in some form or another, this post will get back to them, maybe even quick enough that I will hear about it when I go to pick up my car tomorrow night, but thats ok. I’m sure there are many loyal customers of the place on here, because they obviously wouldn’t be there without customers, but I just want everyone to hear about my experience with P and J and hope you all think twice about going there in the future.

That’s pretty freakin shitty. What is the posted hourly rate? If they didn’t put any parts on it I’d want what the labor rate is.

no parts. all labor, and I dont recall ever seeing a posted rate in there.

every DMV listed shop has to have a posted shop rate

Don’t think “speed shops” are DMV listed, could be wrong though.

if they are donig work on cars, they have to be… im pretty sure…

Didnt somebody tell you in another thread they would take forever on your car? Looks like they were right.

Your best bet would have NOT been to bring your car anywhere but figure it out yourself or with help of friends. Whore forums and ask questions, the answers are out there.

i should have listened. when people said forever i was thinking like a couple weeks, not 7. live and learn i guess.

if u had the wrong mass air meter and the put the correct one in id imagine thats some of the cost…

not backing them up but yeah, seems like your missing that part/leaving it out.

thats what i dont understand, the mass air meter that was in the car when they got it is the same one the car has had in it since it was new in 92.

were the injectors different from stock? like larger or something?? you could probably ask them for an explanation as to why it was the wrong one.

Somehow, I feel that that’s just the tip of the iceberg with that car. Mark my words and pray I’m wrong.

ask them whats up when you pick up the car. check the bill over see if they did you right or screwed you. See the hourly rate they are charging you and what parts on the car were added/replaced. You kinda let em BS you and keep the car that long so your fault for letting it slide. just let them know your not happy with them and that you wont be recomending them or returning your car to them ever. You could always call better business bureu if they are blantantly screwing you over. but see for yourself tomorrow when you pick up the car.

I actually thought of that myself before taking it in, and I gave them the larger Mass Air meter I had for my blower, and it was in the car so they could have used it.

i have this feeling too. and i dont like it.

haha.

7 weeks is nothing.

At least they answered the phone when you called.

lol, that’s some work ethic!

sorry to hear it Mike.

Yea, we all said not to do it, and then when you posted the thread we warned you you’d get raped, and itd take months.

Live & learn buddy.

Honestly, not trying to be a dick, but go through that entire setup yourself. Only way to know it is done right. Especially compared to some of PnJ’s BS.

i just spoke to justin and he said you came in and talked about getting your car fixed and then you just dropped the car off no appt they are scheduling weeks in advance i think your going a little off the deep end here your car is not the only car they have to work on and as far as other cars you have seen there thay prob had appts for work

I’m only a third party here, with a bad taste for PnJ for a lot of reasons.

With that being said… they couldn’t set aside 1-4 hours to diagnose the car, over the course of 7 weeks?

I know it was at the begining of primetime right before the season, but jesus.

And $200 / hr labor rate?

LOL funny thing is cpl people we know would agree with this guys statements. Either way good luck and hope it works out before summer ends.