My Introduction

YEAH fuck emissions:crazy
Your current Honda doesn’t need to pass emissions, it’s OBD1, doesn’t need to be plugged in genious.

sweet exhaust tips!

You could drill out spark plug non-foulers to accept your post-cat o2 sensors and eliminate the cats.

yea it a 50/50 chance with my car it works for some and doesnt on others

welcome. i have a question. what egr valve is that?

what do you mean? what is it? or what does it do?

u said its an optimized egr, im just wondering what that is

EGR- exhaust gas recirculation

The design of the Mazda 6s EGR system puts the tube of the EGR directly in the middle of the intake tract. Thats bad business. Basically it blocks the airflow to the cylinders. This compounded with a decently bad design of an Intake Manifold causes 2 issues.

1. one of the 2 cylinder banks will run significantly leaner than the other. How significant are we talking here?
    –it has been documented that there is about a 5%-7% difference in fuel trims between the front and rear banks.

now on a stock motor it probably wont hurt it in the long run. but most of us owners tend to enjoy modding our rides and getting more power. Again 5-7% may not sound like a lot. but that could be the difference of you keeping your 12.2 AFR in one bank…and leaning out to 13.0AFR+ in the other. then boom

1. it blocks some airflow all together. restricted airflow=power lost

so what makes it optimized?

Mine was optimized right into the garbage.

mine was optimized by jeffy gordon. track lap tested.

Jeffy Gordon Approved!

Im getting better air flow to the cylinders now…before the tube was the diameter of a pencil. Now its the diameter of a quarter.I would of gotten rid of it but wont pass emissions

yea, that was basically my question. most ppl just yank em off and put on an egr block off plate. doesnt really do much other than keeps the black stuff out of ur throttle body after like 90kmi and takes a few grams of weight off, 0 hp gain with that.

o. well basically what i have gotten from ur thread is that emmisions pwns ur car. so maybe it’s time to get rid of it, and buy something pre 97

You know obdII started in 96’ model year cars, right?

Umm…yeah of course i did. i just wanted to see if you knew that benny…lol

:lol

You said muff.

Welcome, btw…