cat removal $80 @ sherwood exhaust

just got my exhaust done at sherwood exhaust (just off wye road as soon as you get into the park) took less than an hour and cost only $80 for new pipe from infront of the car all the way back to the front of the muffler. they had no moral problems with removing the emissions equipment (which some shops do)
good service good guys, definately worth recommending to everyone else on here.

A good thing to do is to actually have a test pipe made so you can swap out the straight pipe for a high-flow cat whenever you need to, or ‘if’ you need to.

Good deal on that just the same.

I never thought removing the cat was such a good idea ever since I saw Smokey Nagata test a Top Secret R34 GT-R. It was a 657 WHP car with a high flow cat and a 650 WHP car without one. The emissions on the de-catted car were off the scale. If I could do it again, I wouldn’t have removed the cat from my Spec 5 considering the 1-2 hp gain I’m getting from killing the environment.

Not to shit on anyone’s parade, I mean, it’s not illegal, but just an alternative opinion from someone who cares both about the environment and horsepower. :slight_smile:

I understand that it does have a purpose however the funny thing about most cats (stock or aftermarket) is that there dead after the 5th year of use. Many people who work for muffler shops who have to deal with environmental laws (Most of which in BC or Ontario) have said that “Cats never die, they are murdered.”

So what’s the point of keeping a piece that is not doing anything but restricting air flow in you exhaust when you swap it out for a cheap piece of pipe instead of the costly cat system? A car that has a dead cat and a car that has no cat will (in theory) have the same emissions, so whose doing more damage? The couple hundred people removing their’s or the thousands who have had their fail and don’t know it?

Just a thought…

i got quoted $325 for a new cat converter for my old car a few years ago.
I paid $700 for this 240sx
i care very little about my vehicles enviro impact

=you do the math

the math for a $700 240sx = $15 for a hack saw to chop it and run DP only :slight_smile:

hah yeah… but the exhaust was rusted and leaking right through a hole in the body, so i was sick of loosing brain cells while driving. i was thinking of just taking the stick welder at work and slopping weld all over it till it sealed it up heh

jumps in 240 with an open exhaust manifold on the rb

We don’t live in CA, so fuck it. Plus the turbo whistles louder.