So i just gutted my cat converter......

and its very very loud now. omg the sound is awesome but wow is it loud and drone on the inside alot, mainly because my exhaust doesnt quite exit the rear bumper but is dumped just over the axle. but my god did this car get mean sounding. sounds a hell of a lot healthier than what it is. lol

http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/Image027.jpg

i’m telln:D

i’m under 5K miles a year… we all good here

cat converters are for pussys :slight_smile:

and tree huggers

Them damn tree huggers are always fuckin up a good thing…

idk, cats are nice for sound reduction…some things can be tooooo loud. lol and i like how the exhaust smells now… old muscle like…i do lke that

sounds like poo poo probably :kekegay:

yeha mine is loud with no cat but i love it lol and it smells like poo

omg your kiling the trees.:rofl:

non of my cars have had cats in the past 6 or so years. well besides the grand am. :slight_smile: i love the sound of all of them.

i dont think it smells that bad… i like it

You just removed cash from that cat! I agree they sound alot better!

WRONG! any car originally equipped with a cat must retain one! oh well fuck it, as long as it looks like you have a cat then you’re good as gold :spank:

They arent required to even look for a cat if they are exempt. I checked into it before I put on the lt’s and or y-pipe.

nope, but staties can look anytime they want, and if you don’t have a cat (or a res that looks like a cat) 10:1 you are screwed

that’s why it’s always better to run a gutted cat than none at all…but you should run a piece of straight pipe through it, it’ll severely decrease resonance

i don’t run cats on anything either and never had an issue getting a sticker. oh yeah, i do my own emissions and inspections though :naughty:

They make cats that look like a bullet muffler, so toss on a bullet… I may do that with mine, but Im getting old, might be too noisy when I put on the headers!

really? does puttin straight pipe thru it make the resonance go away? like interior resonance right? cuz i thought once i ran the pipes out from under neath the gas tank, it will get rid of any sound deflection back into the car. lol