my new daily driver

Its a 95 volvo 850 turbo. Manual fully loaded! 222hp and 221tq at the engin. Its a fun great very very comfterabul daily driver!!! I love this thing and its only been 2 weeks.
Just though it would share

http://www.son240sx.ca/cpgallery/albums/userpics/10060/volvo.JPG

My friennd actually just picked up a Turbo Wagon…

Defenatly a prime winterbeater.

I had a 1990 volvo 740 turbo for a month, this customer at work gave it to me for free. I drove it for a month and that thing was quick! It had a nice little turbo. Anyway I detailed it my self, I did some minor paint work to it my self and I sold it for $2500.00… Not a bad return huh?

I like volvos, most of them are not reliable and they are expensive on parts, but I think they drive nice and they feel real solid.

im getting an 87’ diesel suburban for winter.

i’ll crush your volvos

YEEE HAWW!

Piiiiimp! How much did you pay for it? I want one :slight_smile:

that thing must be crazy on gas

My friend got one and it’s nice and solid. I love it.

My friend’s got a '91 740 Turbo pushing 200rwhp on 15 PSI…it’s hugely fun. We’ve blown a few unsuspecting people out of the water a few times…REALLY badly…it looks totally original.

We also test drove a '95 850 Turbo pushing 15 PSI…very smooth power that broke the tires loose at the top of first in the dry every time. 8) Classy, quiet & smooth too…nice find.

my winter (and school) ride is now a beautiful gary fisher.

light on gas and fun to drive

and in almost all cases I can get to where I am going to quicker then if i were to take the 240 (london has the worst traffic / roads in the world). It might not be a fun as drifting but trail riding is a good way to blow off some steam too, and with the advantage a big mess up usually only costs you your pride and not thousands of dollers.

w00t!

My New daly driver is Svens mom,
She is cheap to mantain, Low mantnice, fun to ride and only take a table spoon to re-fill!!

bahahaha

My new winter beater is Benson’s mom. The frame is almost shot and she guzzles fuel like no tomorrow but I don’t have to worry about banging her around. Also her impressive weight means I always get traction in the snow.

Benson was first … but I didn’t know it was back on. Oh it’s on buddy.

Relability of Volvos? :dunno:

Something to consider for winter myself…

So justin, does this mean no more KA-T? :rofl:

My new winter beater is Benson’s mom. The frame is almost shot and she guzzles fuel like no tomorrow but I don’t have to worry about banging her around. Also her impressive weight means I always get traction in the snow.

Benson was first … but I didn’t know it was back on. Oh it’s on buddy.[/quote]
Jantos’ mom is my summer beater :idhitit:

um I payed 4G’s not so cheap but its not bad on gas my trip computer says 10.3l to 100km. The 240 is about 20l to 100km and my colt that i am selling did 7.5l 100km.

Haven’t driven it much but I am at 8lbs and its driving amazing right now!! Me and the GF went to the forks of credit and all over caledon about 200kms and no problems and alot of boost.

As for the volvo if I slowly bring it up to 4000rpm in 1rst and punch it on dry 25dagree weather it breaks right free and that was on new 205/50r16 prillies p06 i think. It brakes free form 1rst to second with a nice chearrrrrp with no problems.

I really love this car. If anyone is looking for one its hard to find a turbo 5speed. If you want a wagon you can’t get 5speed + turbo they only did auto in the wagons :frowning: thats what i really wanted for my snowboards and stuff. But if you come across a 850 wagon GLT AWD 5speed buy it! (best wagon in my prespective but still not turbo)