anyone with opions on volvo 850 welcome

I was thinking of buying a volvo 850 as a winter beater. I know volvos are usually a pretty safe car. I know that the engine and trannies in them are usually pretty solid. And of course nothing heats like a volvo.
Just wanted to know the goods and bads about them?
any opinons welcome!
and i will be buying the car safety and etested.
thanks in advance
skinny

opinion
car
trannies

i have a buddie that has the 740 turbo awd its decent jarad nows him to work good in winter he rolled one and the roof was dented but not caved in

me and my buddy flipped one i think it was 740 or something, was dented pretty nice but was still good to drive, then my buddy smashed it into a curb busted the rad support and the oil filter and we drove it for 45mins with no oil and no rad fluid and it didnt over hear or break down. we still drive it today and this happened last year

I have an 850 non turbo. Excellent car, I get just slightly over 500km to 50liters so thats about 9liter/100km or so forget what that is in mpg, but its quite good for a 5 cyl and heavy ass car. Very solid and descent road manners. Lots of neat options like heated seats, electronics, etc… I love mine.

The only negative thing I can remark is the suspension is a lil soft and the shifter sucks, but then again its a daily/winter car… I hate the sloppy shifter feel.

sorry wanted to add that this is a standard, 95 volvo GLT

Volvos are actually harder than diamonds.
They’re made out of a material called Volvonium, mined in the mountains of Sweden by hard-working Nordic Gnomes. After the material is melted by launching it into the sun via herring-powered rocket, the molten Volvonium is allowed to cool slightly, and is then beaten into shape by Mjolnir, the hammer of Thor.

^Oh yes

Swedish steel is one of the best in the world. The car has absolutely and I mean absolutely zero rust under the car and guess what? It’s been winter driven since 94, and … no undercoating/rust protection. The ONLY rust on the whole car are a dot on the hood (typical rock chips that go bad which is an ultra easy fix), a slight build up which seems not to go through on the door like a dot (you’d have to see it for yourself its like the paint is so stubborn strong its not gona go through, have to see it to believe it, minor) and the right fender this one is rusted badly for some reason but fender can be replaced… Everything else… nothing. The underbody you have to see it to believe it. No coating nothing.

Also the car itself just feels so frickin solid. It’s like driving a tank, yet it has proper road manners.

If you’re crazy there’s also alot of aftermarket support for parts. These things can be made to handle… but that’s beyond the scope of a daily/winter car heh.

I fell in love with this car like I did with my 240 and usually I don’t get that sort of feeling for just any car. It was in my opinion a worthwhile get.

i love volvos

i got a 1987 740 turbo wagon

i drag raced my friends 2000 mercedes benz CLK 320 and it was dead even to 140 LOL volvos are rad!

the sweeds are fucked. who else would make an i5 turbo rwd wagon? theyre quick, last for ages with general maintenance, and would win a head on against a tank.

DO IT

the more and more i hear about this car the more and more i am thinking of getting it. how are the maintance costs? or the price of parts for these things? it has 228xxxkms on it. anything specific i should be looking for

they make one of the best trucks here in north America and in Europe what else do you need to know

My friend had a 1988 Volvo 240, it was the closest thing to a tank you can legally drive lol. His dad now purchased an 850, inline 5 engine, wtf??? Also get the older RWD volvo’s they’re the true ones (e.g. 240, 740).

The newer fail wheel drive Volvo’s are too much Ford.

Oh and 228,xxx km’s??? It’s just getting broken in, hahaha. The 850 my buddy got is over 320,xxx km’s and still going strong.

Still, 5 cylinders WTF!!! lol