My new Project car

Since the 442 will be down for a while waiting for some money to fund a better turbo build for it, heres my new project:

1966 Olds Cutlass F-85 Deluxe
Came stock with a I6 and bought it for 2,000 with 22,000 original miles. Even has the original snow tires still in the trunk.

Few Pictures of the car as it sits today:

as well as how the 442 sits, as a table :lol:

What I started out with a few days ago:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c276/DmstcDisturbance/eandi2-1.jpg

and some progress:

A mockup with the Modified Performer intake

add a 1" plate and carb

and the oil pan bolted on

It’s going slower than I’d like it to since the car & engine are in Rome NY where I actually have garage space.

Specs are just average:
455cid Olds F2 Block with a stock bottom end
Edelbrock Performer RPM Heads & ARP Bolt Kit
Harland Sharp 1.6 Ratio Full Roller Rockers
Trickflow Chromemoly 3/8 in. 8.200 Pushrods
Edelbrock Modified Performer RPM Intake
Turbo 300 Trans

This is just basically a budget build, and I’m using some parts from my past Olds to finish it up. Still gotta get some sort of cheap paint on it, since the original paint is getting pretty beat up.

Hope to have it up here in Grand Island soon (hopefully a month or so), when I do if anyone wants to go out and cruise just let me know.

Nice… Keep posting updates :tup:

theres always the 50 dollar roller job

[quote=“speedped79,post:3,topic:31696"”]

theres always the 50 dollar roller job

[/quote]

I don’t know if it will be worth it, or even possible. I’m not good with paint/body stuff, but the oxidation and rust spots are pretty rough, I don’t think they’re too deep, but they are pretty rough.

:tup:

I love your four-four-deuce, very clean early car :tup:

[quote=“Rocket 442,post:4,topic:31696"”]

I don’t know if it will be worth it, or even possible. I’m not good with paint/body stuff, but the oxidation and rust spots are pretty rough, I don’t think they’re too deep, but they are pretty rough.

[/quote]

youd still have to do the body and prep work, its just a cheaper paint job and its less messy, ill be doing my dads workvan in the near future because its cheap and can look decent

OLDS POWA!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

http://www.njsr.org/pics/albums/userpics/10705/normal_scan.jpg

[quote=“Ddrop,post:8,topic:31696"”]

OLDS POWA!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

[/quote]

Is that yours? Pretty nice car, and it better not be Chevy powered

Been to lancaster 2 times, just spectating and haven’t seen it, I would have looked close if I did.

Your carb is backwards.:rx3:

[quote=“13005TEDGP,post:10,topic:31696"”]

Your carb is backwards.:rx3:

[/quote]

My carb isn’t really in place at all;)