My new Ride *BMW content*

I just picked it up Monday form Capital Cities BMW. It’s a 2009 128i. I’d take some more pics, but it’s raining. Today’s the 1st opportunity I’ve had to drive it in the daylight. The cars loaded. It has every option except the cold weather package.

itsaaaa nice

nice ride

Thanks!

nice car, how tiny is the back seat???

LOVE IT!

I’ve got 2 boys, age 4 and 6. They both fit in the back with no problems (in their car seats). I’m 5’9" and don’t have to adjust my seat any differently with them in the back. As for an adult there’s plenty of headroom, but the leg space is limited.

This is identical to my interior:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b253/CJRando/BMW128i-rearseat.jpg

In my experience, there is slightly less leg room in this than the E46.

Doesn’t look that bad for a woman or a small guy to fit back there comfortably…

How come you didnt opt for the 135i?

I was originally planning on it when I went to look at the 1 series. The base price on the 135i was $35k. That’s with no options what so ever, not even leather interior. Base price on the 128i was $29K. This price gave me more room to work with options. I got this one with Sport package, Premium Package, Comfort Access, iDrive/Navigation, Xenon headlights, Coral Red Boston Leather Interior, ect…, for $42K, when it was all said and done. Relatively speaking the 135i in the same trim would have ran up to or close to $50k. Plus my insurance would have been $700 more a year. I gave up the twin turbo model, but this car holds it’s own when it come to performance. I love the way it performs so far.

alpine/imola (or whatever they’re calling the red int. now) is a FANTASTIC combo. i love it. have fun with her

Wow i never looked into the price of these, that’s steep!

If you go to www.bmwusa.com and build your own, the price quickly adds up!

Dang! You ever take it off any sweet jumps?

:rofl +rep

Nice ride, I love the new 1 Series!

I can’t resist a white/silver car with red leather. :thumbup

Good luck with the new ride.

Nice car, and as usual nice photography! :thumb

The new one is what the E36 3 series coupe used to be. BMW’s keep going larger and heavier and having more gizmos every year and the 1 is taking it’s rightful place next to the huge E90 3 series.

I’m also much more a fan of the interior design of the 1 as opposed to the 3. It’s a subtle difference on the dash, but it makes it feel more like a cockpit rather than a Cadillac.

I’m a fan of how the car drives and the fact that it feels just as fast at 120 as it does at 40, which has always been a great BMW characteristic, even my E30 felt that way.

The important question is, how many pedals? :ninja

Also, nice touch on the plate and thank you for serving our country! :number1

When did you drive one?

Thanks! It an auto, 6 speed, but I got it with the paddle shifters. I actually like it more than any manual I’ve owned in the past. The next gear is always waiting for you whether your shifting up or down, so the power is there when you need it. There basically 4 modes.

1: Drive: you put it in gear and go.
2: Sport: more aggressive shifting, higher RPM’s
3: Drive w/paddle shifter: it will switch gears for you if you mess up or are idle
4: Sport w/paddle shifter: you are in 100% control of the gearbox (manual w/o clutch)

I really appreciate that THANK YOU!

I just took a few interior shots. I did a panoramic shot. I have to stitch it together in photoshop. Then I’ll post it. Here’s a quick shot of the new iDrive screen: