My new vette!

:rofl

Fantastic price for what you got. Great job.

Thanks. Yea I have to change my avatar and shiz, ill get on that right now actually.

want another go at the sti with the vette? just for shits?

nice vette…i want a c5 myself…

I like that teh mph goes to 200 muahahaha

very nice! better see it at the valley.

already? seriously? :rofl

Beautiful car. You have many options when it comes to modding for extra hp. First things to do are cold air intake/long tube headers/cat back and then a dyno tune. Car will sound great and net you about 40rwhp. By the way, I had the chrome wagon wheels on my '98 coupe and loved them. If you can, ditch the runflats, they suck and handle terribly. Go with the non-runflat Kumhos…less than $800 installed from Tire Rack and a local tire shop.

I already installed a cold air intake. I talked to someone about the headers and they said not to change the stock ones out because they are as efficient as they get? I am new to this platform so correct that if it’s not true. But yea major mods will be for the winter. I would like to get the catback this summer though.

Whoever told you not to take the stock ones out didn’t know what they were talking about. If you’re looking for more hp and better sound, put the long tubes on. More hp and more torque. Starting going on corvetteforum.com and you’ll be able to find tons of new and used parts at relatively reasonble prices. In my opinion, the C5 is the best bang for the buck car you can find, and very easily modded for tons more hp with the ls1 motor.

ls1tech.com :nod

Agreed, 100% – with everything he just said. A lot of guys seem to run the 1 7/8 Kooks, or something similar. www.gmhightechperformance.com has a phenomenal amount of technical information – build articles, setups, featured rides. If you can’t find (affordable) ideas you like from those guys, I’ll eat my fuckin’ hat.

Nice car man, congrats.

There’s no doubt as to the “mod-ability” of the LS1. I really wanted one of the '04 Goats awhile back and read LS1tech and the GTO forums all the time… It was surprising to see some of the gains people could get for so little coin…

I read recently where they were getting just a nick over 500 hp/465 ft-lbs from an LS2 for just under $2k in parts. L92 heads (which are less than $1000 for the pair), an L76 intake (which can use the stock LS2 fuel setup), a mild cam and headers.

They were predicting huge pump-gas power for any big-inch LS setups – the stroker LS1s and LS2s, particularlly – anything over 400 cubes.

I’d take an NA engine over a turbo any day, if I had my druthers . . .

clean car bro… good luck with her

dont be silly…you gotta trap higher then 108 to run with the big boys :crackup

I grew up in Stillwater/Mechanicville. What’s the service like at Marcel’s? I’ve heard mixed things . . .

BTW – there’s a Grand National for sale on 4/32 just north of DeCresente’s, about 5 minutes from Marcel’s. In case anyone gives a fuck.

Other than purchasing the Borla’s there, we have not dealt with him.