my new workshop - in - progress

wow i got my dk sob from bike tek in monroeville, last year that the colin winkleman edition was made a long time ago. My mom got me it for my christmas present. It was like 900 total after everything. Most expensive present i ever got. I loved that bike… To bad someone stole it and insurance only gave me 400 for it but what can you do.

u have pictures of the SOB? i know someone with one…

No i dont have any pictures of it. It was the last year the colon winkleman black and gold frame was produced. So black frame with Gold gothic letters , primo hemoriod seat, alex triplewalls, primo powerbite cranks, s&m redneck, s&m dirt handle bars, primo stiffy pegs,forget the rest. Its been a long time. Forgive my spelling on those. The bike was a street bike. I had my sta 500 for dirt though. After i sold the sta and the dk got stolen i gained weight. Go figure. Haha.

stop posting & do some FUCKING WORK!

I’d say if you’re lookin for a mountain bike go see Chris at Trek of Pittsburgh in Robinson. He’ll set you up with something.

The trek sale was fairly decent last week… they’re always nice and easy to deal with.

the lastest abomination out of the cave:

Take that seat off and ittl drop another 9 pounds. :rofl:

Alameda Night Ride?

hopefully soon!

dude you need laid

na… just a girl that is into the same crap i am :wink:

we were looking at bikes today at dicks.

I really like the full suspension Diamondback Coil EX (08) Altho the seat post would have to be cut because it wont go fully down without hitting the coil. I normally always ride with the seat all the way down because I hardly ever sit. only thing I dont like is the handlebars and stem just feel odd and not as comfy as the Response.
http://www.bikepedia.com/Images/Image.aspx?w=800&h=800&filename=2007-Diamondback-Coil-EX.jpg

I also like the Diamondback Response (08) But I dont like how it does not have a full suspension, So I wouldnt be going with that bike but I really like the handlebars and stem.
http://www.bikepedia.com/Images/Image.aspx?w=800&h=800&filename=2008-Diamondback-Response.jpg

well bars and stem are easily interchanged if you need a different rise, sweep or length, angle… I dont really know much about those bikes unfortunately…

ya I know everything is changeable. I’d probably do better stem, handlebars, grips, and pedals ( I hate plastic pedals even tho their light )

i wouldent waste your money on the dicks diamond backs for almost the same price if not a lil more you can get 10 times the bike…dyingwish got me the hook up on mine it

whats your height and inseam?

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/bik/1066813220.html

im not looking to spend over 400
just looking for a first mountain bike to beat on in the woods with and shit

You can get a decent setup for 400ish. At that price, you aren’t going to get a good fork…but you should aim for a 9speed group so that you don’t have to convert later. Sub 350 bikes will come with an 8sp (alivio/acera) group mated to Deore 9sp derailleurs. The fork can always be upgraded later, so can disc brakes and all the other goodies.

Honestly, just go out to a few shops and test ride a few models in your price range. At that price point any maker is going to spec the bike with very similar parts, so they compete very well. Ignore the name on the frame, but pay attention to frame geometry. Some companies favor long top tube and lax head tube angles (good for descending) other like steep angles and shorter sloping top tubes (better for cross country and climbing). Pick whatever bike fits your riding style and body shape. Deal with parts later after you’ve ridden it a bit.

I don’t like how the full suspension bikes feel. plus, they are too heavy. light bike FTW

much to learn my son!

If I rode downhill all the time, I’d get a full suspension bike. But seeing as I mainly do trail riding, I like my hardtail. Loose too much momentum when pedaling fast/hard on a full suspension bike IMO, at least that’s why I didn’t like my last one.