my new workshop - in - progress

There is a HUGE difference between Cross Country Full Susp, and FreeRide/DH Full Susp. Cross Country is where weight is at a bare minimum, stiffer, short travel…etc. Most high end XC Full susp feel like a hardtail when out of the saddle climbing.

after riding my hifi, i dont think i’ll ever have a hard-tail for any riding

Their rear linkage design is one of the best on the market IMO, pivot placement and pedal feedback are relatively good on those.

wow all this talk about bikes makes me want to ride again, i will still be rocking my univega 503 from like 1995, might do a front fork, if i can find one that fits

It doesn’t matter what you ride, it’s the fact that you enjoy riding it and it works for you.

real men ride bikes with engines in them. pussies. I may have already posted that in this thread and if I did, fuck it.

what would you recommend? I like full suspension freeride style. under $400

That’s going to be tough one, unless its used, at least for a good freeride bike.

Truth. There is no such thing a good full suspension for under 1K, and even then they get awful shock and rear spring setups, and the component group suffers to meet a price point. If I were you look at some of the more aggressive hardtails and start test riding them.