My Oil LeakS

So I took my car in today, to get belts changed due to squealing, get a tune up cuz the car wasn’t really responsive and figure out my oil leaking. I get a call back with a price list that ran me up to about 1000$$, I was told my oil pan gasket was leaking(which i figured it was) and could be done for like 200 or 300 cuz its like 4 hours labour, 3 pads and rotors needed changing, all 3 belts needed changing for like 140. Also, another oil leak popped up and they said my crankseal is leaking as well. So I decided to go with only the tune up, and I would do brakes and belts at a guy my uncle knows who has better pricing. Now for the oil leak, I plan to get an SR next spring/summer. Is there any cheap way to keep it alive instead of putting oil in every 3-4 weeks? Is the oil pan gasket really that expensive of a job to do??

I don’t think I could put a stop leak in there doesn’t seem realistic to me for an oil pan gasket and crank seal leak. I don’t think they are dickin me around we’ve been going there for a while.

So Any suggestions??

Thanks.
Adam

well the oil pan gasket is really a 1/2 job but its normal to charge 1 hour for it, crank seal i doubt leaks, i say jsut get brakes and oil pan gasket done

ya right, they said 4 hours labour and it would be like 300 bucks…anyone know where I could get that done at a better price and for 1 hours labour…

You can get the whole OEM ka24de gasket kit off ebay for about 100-150

he didn’t mention any KM’s on the motor, and well I’ve had a leaky crank seal completely blow on the highway causing the motor to blow. THe front seal isn’t that hard to change, its behind the crank pully.

If he says it leaks look into it, becuase when they fail you may have no warning, then no oil, then no motor…

oh yeah, and leaky crank seals are fairly common with 250+k S-chassis…

what about canadiandrifter aka niagara chris whos off work for a couple of weeks and doing private work and posted on son for cheap labour… Pm him…

3 hours to change that, crap, it took me 20min and $5 for high temp RTV. SOLID

yea its at 250 km right now…

my point exactly, contact chris and he’ll give you a better price if he’s available

We changed the crank seal on the KA24E on our Stanza by ourselves. Just bought a pulley removal tool from Princess Auto for under $20. And we ordered the crank seal from the Nissan dealership here in Ajax. I think it was about $10 or $11. Its pretty pricey for a little piece of rubber. But atleast leaks are gone.