leaking oil?

I got a 2000 2.2 cavalier. i am leaking a bit of oil right under my valve cover and on top of the valve cover near the bolt that holds it on. i called pep boys they said proble just a valve cover gasket what you guys think? also they said about 100 to get it installed is that right. how hard of a job is it to install the valve cover gasket if that is what it is i run my finger under the valve cover where it meets the head and i have oil on my finger and feels like the gasket that is on there now is sticking out a bit i can feel something that is sticking out a bit around where the oil is leaking out feels like the rubber gasket. so anyone know about how much at to get this fixed is this is only the valve cover gasket and anyone know any good placesaround greensburg area that can do it? total pepboys told me includeing a flush it would be about 200 i know i need a oil change it has sat for 3 months but 1st need to get this fixed i noticed it about a year or so ago that it was leaking never really woryed to much about it now its just getting anoying haveing to whipe it off every day

I’ll do everything for $125 PM Me

It is the valve cover gasket----common problem on the 2.2 Overhead Valve. It’s an easy fix—$100 is way too much—do it yourself. Get a Haynes manual if you don’t have one. Very simpkle job though.

oh really? thats cool i already got the gasket was 15 bucks. the thing is do you got to get a torq wrench to tighten the bolts back down on teh valve cover?

sns just did his!

doesnt he have a eco motor?

nope,he has a two two!:kekegay:

he get that two two from your closet ? :finger:

yup,the one of the few u left!

so like i was saying do you got to torq the bolts on teh valve cover back down or just tighten them ?

if the valve cover is aluminum 1/4 turn past hand tight

shit i will do it for 75 bucks :smiley:

$74.50 :moon:

$70

I just tightened the bolts a little past snug. just don’t overtighten them—you could strip them out.

and I’ll do it for $50 :booty:

$30 bucks i’ll do it
$50 and i come to your house to do it