gaskets?

Can someone help me - my valve cover gasket is leaking - Im sure there are a bunch of people who replaced their gaskets? I am dreading to take it into the shop and getting it done for a couple hundred - my soultion was swaping my motor witha Ka2de with a stock one?

Can someone walk me thru this task or even give me a hand…

thanks guys

You were going to swap an engine just because of a valve-cover gasket leak?

theres like 10 bolts and it takes liek half and hour and 15 bucks for the gasket, dont be that guy

Take out all the bolts holding the cover on, take the cover off. Take out gasket, put new one in, put cover back on. Very VERY easy job, do not take it to a shop.

also requires make-a-gasket around the cam-lobe ends…

total project cost $25 and 1hour

I bought a set from Nissan a year or so ago and never used them.

It’s a two piece gasket (one on valve cover and one on the inside).

Nissan will charge you $30-$35 (I think thats what I paid).

You can have mine for $20; I don’t need it anymore.

:lol:

Ok, so a buddy of mine wants the gasket. Sorry mate.

aright guys im going to do it this weekend? does any reccomend i get a thicker gasket? if yes what kind and why? if not i will go to Nissan and get stock OEM gaskets…

Thanks guys

Stock OEM gasket is all you need.

do NOT over-torque the bolts… they’ll strip the head really easy.

Yeah, if you have a torque wrench - only 7-11 ft/lbs (FSM). Otherwise, just “snug” them.

so when i go into Nissan i ask them for a valve cover gasket and a cam lobe gasket? im going to pick them up tonight - thanks alot guys!

See you all Sunday

that make a gasket I spoke of is at Canadian Tire in a medium metal tube, like toothpaste. Nissan won’t have it. it goes on both ends on the Nissan gasket where the cam lobes are

Go to FAQ section, download an FSM, factory service manual, it;ll have pictures and instructions, STRONGLY RECOMMENDED

Be careful not to drop anything into the engine with the valve cover off, specifically where the timing belt is, (who was that guy)