My OnRoad Nitro R/C build.

That’s because it’s Traxxas.

It’s like, the GM of RC.

AE is the jam, I wish I could afford a TC5.

[quote=bennyfizzle;283967]That’s because it’s Traxxas.

It’s like, the GM of RC.

spot on, i was very big into r/c cars a couple years ago and their fun but deff nothing but a moneypit

you fail at quoting.

Run with what ya got!.

If i had to start over it would be 1/5 scale or nothing. Weedwacker motors FTW.

… Ya Everything with r/c in it is a money pit!.

i always wanted to build this rc car
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u85/VWmama04/Cars/cup.jpg

Screw 1/5th scale 1/8 scale buggies are whats up.

Yep! I ran 10th offroad electric and gas. Gas was way faster and more fun. Then I got to drive the first Ofna MBX years ago, and was hooked. I couldnt believe how fast it was and it was glued to the track.

I have a Ofna Jammin 1/8th buggy which needs a motor. But my main ride is a HPI Savage. Except I went to replace the spur gear in it last night and noticed the bearing was blown apart on the output shaft, so I am putting a tower order together soon. Need to rebuild the diffs too.

The only thing that would make me switch to gas is buying an 1/8 scale buggy.

electric is for sissys.

Brushless + Lipo setup will get you a VERY bad ass nitro drive train.

actually they make brushless 1/8th conversions. and they are very fast. check them out on utube.

yeah I’ve seen em, honestly lipo/BL setups are cool, but SOOO much loot…and what it all boils down to is for half the price of that if not less, i could make a 14.4v nimh pack stuck to an old 540 5-6t mod motor and dominate anything in a straight line.

plus electric is soooo much cleaner and easier.

the only thing nitro has over electric is the sound/experience of an actual internal combustion engine.

they are VERY cool little machines.

but electric is the fuckin JAM.

ya 1/8th is great 2 houses down from me they have 2 Hpi Baja’s 5b’s, one is a SS

Science and Hobby in waterivielt every Friday @ 6. ~15 people (sometimes alot more) tinker and race there E cars for fun on the new indoor clay track. You can bring your nitro just can use it inside. I’m usually there in the winter every Friday til about 9.

brushless FTW! Thats what I have in my Mini-T. 8000kV Castle Creations setup…

So far with that and an 11.1V Thunder power pack I’ve managed to shred 2 spurs, one axle, one wheel and two differentials. I wound up buying a slipper spur setup so I could make it last longer than 15 minutes per part :lol

mmmm I love my hyper7… I wish competitions track didnt suck.

I ran one brushless befor… Associated T4. I built that truck from parts. Ordered the best shit from all over, had aluminum trans cases, carbide bb’s… you name it. and actually it ended up costing only $100 more than a rolling t4Team truck. Anyway, I ran the castle setup too. I dont remember the kV, but it was the highest rpm one. becasue I pulled that BL setup from my tc3 top speed car. The truck was, mehh. It was light as shit and handled like an onroad, but the motor was too high strung. I geared it down, but it made so much tq, it was actually worse. I even put the ESC on the laptop and changed how the power came in and it helped but I never was happy with it. BTW the laptop tuning ecu shit was the beez-neez.

Now imagin motors like that in real cars.

I can’t fucking wait for real, fast, electric cars to be affordable.

It’s not far out, I’m sure, they just came out with a lith ion battery that can be charged in seconds!

:eek3:eek3 re reading this thread to find something, and i seen this…

thanks for telling me 1 yr AFTER i bought it :rofl…

i hit one going 40+ FUCKED the whole front end… i replaced ALOT… lol… bad news bear on that day :frowning:

Got the CF upper deck in today. Got bord around midnight and started swapping stuff over…

Ran into a problem… --> no where to mount the reciever so im cutting the cf deck to make it fit…

As soon as im done with that, its on to wiretuck (again…for the 3rd time) and change a couple small things… Ill be updating the first post, for the 3 people that care… friday or something when i have time…

Mount it ON the deck?