KA24DET build winter 2010-2011

So im finally starting to post this and thought its cool since alot of people are doing it now, so ill show u guys my build.

It started off as a mystery KA24DE, and it was in decent condition. We got it Bored, and Honed.

I then order the parts

Eagle Rods
Wiseco Piston set .020 Over bore 9:1 compression
Clevite Bearings mains and piston bearings.
Put it all together

This thing was pretty greasy and dirty. Since it is out and in pieces i decided to paint and make everything pretty and clean.
This is how far i am right now with this build.

My turbo comes today Feb 11 2011. its a T3/T4 Hybrid Turbonetics Turbo… .63 A/R with an evolution wastegate.

Ill post more pics when the turbo gets here, and as this progresses.

Parts i am waiting on are

Clutch
810cc injectors
NIStune ECU
and little small things to get it goin.

green goblin motor
looks good tho

green hornet…
lol thanks bud

i like i like gl keep it up

k boys i just got the turbo so heres a few pics.

nice man im doing the same build on my car as well but not as epic though. lol cool man

very nice :smiley:
keep up the good work, what car are you putting this motor in?

good build thread, looking forward to updates.

the car is an 1989 240sx hatch

Ran into Problems today, but smoothly running up to speed again

Nice man another KA-t. I’m doing the same with stock internals. Whats your power goal?

very nice so far !

im soon to be ka-t as well but nothing fancy like you lol .

Good Luck with the build !

shouldn’t you be taping off all those exhaust and intake holes , so that paint doesn’t get in? And it looked like there was green paint on the head, where the valve cover gasket would go, is that just a camera effect?

awesome build nonetheless. Good luck dude.

nice build! good to see people are doing stuff right, in the middle of my sr build, lookin good! how long have you been working on it?

thanks guys!, my power goal is 22psi of boost, which will give me over 400+hp. I didnt tap off the ports cause those dont matter with the paint, and yes a bit got in the head but we use acetone and it comes right off, then oil it. but thanks guys.

ive been building this for about 2 months, taken my time, and parts take a bit to get here lol kind of annoying but it takes up my boring time in the winter haha

Motor should be completely done tonight and ill put up pics tonight, or tomorrow of the complete engine.

wow, that was fast! what are you doing for engine management?

for engine management im gunna run NIStune for now

heres an update from tonight, engine will be complete tomorrow, thanks guys.

more updates tomrrow.

What paint did you use to paint the front cover ? Candy purple?